• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
18BAIRN76

Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Merry Christmas lads, hands across the Forth x

And pull they b*stards in for their annual wash? 

Used to be a huge reason I looked forward to this time of year, so much football played end of December.

Probably a blessing right now to be fair.

Falkirk only team in Britain not to win at home yet this season. No pressure then.

Falkirk hadn’t won a single league game until last time we played. We have history for helping them out...

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Falkirk hadn’t won a single league game until last time we played. We have history for helping them out...

We had beaten Alloa before you. 

With no Paton and if Prince phones it in again as it sounds like he did last weekend, we could quite easily take the absolute thrashing that somehow has never materialised since the QoS home game.

Admittedly Dunfermline are gash, but if we dont have anyone capable of making a mark in midfield then it will be one way traffic.

On the plus side I hope this is the last wee see of Irving, Sammut and McKee.

I dont hate any of them or anything, I just wish they would all f**k off and not come back.

(Others can f**k off too, but was on the theme of midfield.)

Muirhead will likely play midfield to kick Higginbotham
A true meeting of headsgone minds there....

Can only hope Aero sticks with being the WUM rather than the WUMee.

When McKee plays one thing he does ok at is tucking back in to assist Kidd defensively. Not sure whether Muirhead manages to do that on the left for Robson, maybe McKee left, Aero right and Prince in the middle?

Imagine being in this nick because Paul Paton is out f**k me.

Genuinely dont want to see Irving in a Falkirk shirt again. Has built up some real seethe in me recently.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

True.

He's the least rotten midfielder we have. Which given the state we are in, makes him a big loss.

What a time..

Where did this myth come from btw? I missed a handful of games but I've seen nothing to suggest he's better than eg Kidd/Buaben/Irving as a three, for example. Even that lump Muirhead.

"Paton is our best midfielder" seems to be a narrative that got posted once or twice and is now accepted as fact. This happens semi-regularly for some reason amongst our support.

Where did this myth come from btw? I missed a handful of games but I've seen nothing to suggest he's better than eg Kidd/Buaben/Irving as a three, for example. Even that lump Muirhead.
"Paton is our best midfielder" seems to be a narrative that got posted once or twice and is now accepted as fact. This happens semi-regularly for some reason amongst our support.
Tbf its only recent and he has turned in significantly better performances than before when he was getting the hounding he deserved.

That said, I have seen performances from Lewis Kidd in midfield that would match anything Paton has done (Morton Away, Utd at home off the top of my head last season) so thats the levels we are talking about

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Im not suggesting he's good. Far from it.

Kidd is barely a footballer.

Buaben doesn't give enough of a f**k to play.

McKee is a shitebag.

Irving is invisible.

Paton may be a horrifically limited footballer, but over the last three or four games he's at least shown willing to get stuck in, which is more than the sum total of the above has done.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Comparing our midfield is like comparing what type shite you have in the morning. Whatever type it is you always feel better when it has gone

Completely agree which this makes this Paton hero-worship (albeit from the usual suspects) all the more bizarre.