Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

57 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:
Was that the one near the half way line on Higgy?
Thought the ref was too lenient and on another day they would have been down to ten and we would’ve had a pen for the challenge on Beadling.
Luckily none of it mattered and really we should have wiped the floor with them. Five or six at least.

It was. As clear a yellow as you'll ever see.

If it's the incident I'm thinking of I don't think it was Higgy. Was it not Thomson? Ref waved play on as your guy rolled about trying to get Sammut sent off. Jumped back up as soon as he knew the ref hadn't stopped. It was a clear yellow card though and, in the modern day 'non contact' era, could easily have been a straight red. 

I think the ref realised that Sammut had already been booked, shat it and decided to not even talk to him.

Would have been an unusual sending off though as the laddie's not exactly known for the tackling or dirty side of his game. Or anything else for that matter!

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it's the incident I'm thinking of I don't think it was Higgy. Was it not Thomson? Ref waved play on as your guy rolled about trying to get Sammut sent off. Jumped back up as soon as he knew the ref hadn't stopped. It was a clear yellow card though and, in the modern day 'non contact' era, could easily have been a straight red. 
I think the ref realised that Sammut had already been booked, shat it and decided to not even talk to him.
Would have been an unusual sending off though as the laddie's not exactly known for the tackling or dirty side of his game. Or anything else for that matter!
I remember this one now. Isnt it the case that if the ref intends to send a player off he must stop the game immediately? That being the case as soon as he played advantage that was it fucked.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I remember this one now. Isnt it the case that if the ref intends to send a player off he must stop the game immediately? That being the case as soon as he played advantage that was it fucked.

No idea. It's a new one on me if that's the case though. Doesn't make a lot of sense either but I suppose that's to be expected.

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
58 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

It certainly used to be the case anyway, no idea if it still is. There was someone sent off in a Falkirk-Dunfermline game a few years back after the referee called play back to give him a second yellow. The rule at the time was that play should have been stopped. 

Sammut put in a couple of bad challenges, out of all of Falkirks pre season signings I was pretty vocal that I thought a few of them would be shite, but I thought Sammut would've been alright. 

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It certainly used to be the case anyway, no idea if it still is. There was someone sent off in a Falkirk-Dunfermline game a few years back after the referee called play back to give him a second yellow. The rule at the time was that play should have been stopped. 

Sammut put in a couple of bad challenges, out of all of Falkirks pre season signings I was pretty vocal that I thought a few of them would be shite, but I thought Sammut would've been alright. 

You're not thinking of that magnificent minute or two where DA thought they'd equalised at Brockville, only to be called back by a linesman's flag, and the goal was chalked off and Neale Cooper given a straight red for decking Cadette? 

You're not thinking of that magnificent minute or two where DA thought they'd equalised at Brockville, only to be called back by a linesman's flag, and the goal was chalked off and Neale Cooper given a straight red for decking Cadette? 

Happy days.

Sammut ran about the park on Saturday like a lost wee boy. I actually feel sorry for him, as he probably thought he'd come up here and boss this league, yet he is totally out his depth and has no idea what he's doing

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I think it was the game at EEP where Alston scored late on. 

Since then we've had an administration, a relegation, spent three years in league one and yet you've still somehow went backwards. Thank f**k for that. 

22 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Both Johansson (Morton) and Caldwell (Partick) have similar situations where they have inherited another managers squad of players. Not once have I heard either of those two managers speak about players the way McKinnon has about the players at Falkirk. 

McKinnon just simply has no class. Maybe one day you will see that

Mmm... Notice you e conveniently ignored Robbie Neilson from that list. Any reason why?

4 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Mmm... Notice you e conveniently ignored Robbie Neilson from that list. Any reason why?

Can’t think why his team lost to Alloa and got boddied by Ayr

I take it that with the precarious financial situation Falkirk have found themselves in that they had to lay off the sports psychologist who was helping Dennon Lewis overcome his mortal fear of going near a football?

Archived