Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

Not been for a good few weeks now, dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing, years ago would have went no matter how they were playing, from what I hear it sounds really bad and the players are performing like condemned men told to go out and dig their own graves.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

FB_IMG_1546150105970.jpg.fa07954dc082646f89e0d837f78d5b2d.jpg

As far as displays go, think that's up there was one of the worst. 

Ours didn't turn out to be the shambles I thought it would. 

FB_IMG_1546150132508.jpg

Hilarious that we even fucked that up.

Nothing to add to what’s already been said.

In fairness, it all depends when the photo was taken doesnt it. It could be before or after the few seconds where it lookee half decent.

Not that it really matters if course, tifo displays are shite and pointless. File them next to having a drummer and goal music

In fairness, it all depends when the photo was taken doesnt it. It could be before or after the few seconds where it lookee half decent.

Not that it really matters if course, tifo displays are shite and pointless. File them next to having a drummer and goal music

Why did we allow them to do it in our ground?

Why did we allow them to do it in our ground?
Fucked if I know. You dont see that sort of thing often. Not sure if it would be standard practice to say no to a request like that or not?

Either way, there was a big push last week to make that game into something that could never be lived up to on the park. Suspect somecunt probably thought it would add to the occassion, which of course totally missed the mark in terms of the home support for most of whom the only occassion to mark was hopefully the last time we have to put up with such indifference and amateurishness on the park.

Well.... That and a rather lovely rendition of "sack the board"

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Card display was like the two teams. One pretty poor and the other incredibly shit.  Cant see us anywhere other than bottom with the pars in a 3 way fight to avoid the playoffs.

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

He's still their manager, he's been able to get some decent results with these players and they've just been utterly bodied at home to their closest rivals. Even if he feels it's entirely the players' fault, you win and lose as a team. 

Of course the players are garbage but I refuse to accept that he's totally blameless. Luckily he has plenty of experience in League 1 if it comes down to it.

Were you at the game Poet ?

I missed both previous games with Falkirk this season so had only second hand reports of what they were like. However, I'm not exactly sure I was prepared for them to be that awful.

As soon as we equalised, we were in almost total control and, if I'm being picky, should have won by a bigger margin. You would've thought starting as they did, getting a goal and knowing how we've struggled when teams take a lead against us this season would have helped their cause, but they didn't seem to have an idea of how to play it.

Credit to our guys, they reacted well after going behind and were didn't panic. I didn't really see how Hippolyte's goal went in at the game (just saw on the highlights above) but once Beadling put us ahead, I was confident then we'd go on to win.

Our third goal was very well worked and Vincent finishes the fourth one well too, but he was allowed to run on towards the box so easily. It seemed to me that if we aimed the ball towards their centre backs, one of them would invariably make a mistake. The number of times we played a high ball down the middle or diagonally, and their player was in the better position to win the ball, yet made a mistake or simply allowed one of ours (usually Hippolyte) to get in front of them and win possession was incredible.

Falkirk offered next to nothing all game and, while we should enjoy this win (and the fact we scored some goals) it'll mean bugger all unless we follow it up against Alloa next week.

We looked much more of a threat in attack and I like Hippolyte's performance yesterday, and Higgy grew more and more into the game. Vincent deserves a mention for his display, as do Beadling and Devine (thought he was excellent at the back) but Joe Thomson again impressed me in the middle of the park. Plenty of energy and looking to get attacks started.

Very pleased with the victory and the performance overall but too often this season we've had a result where we look like we're maybe turning a corner, then fail to build on it. Hopefully it'll be different this time.

Why would McKinnon take responsibility? The team are utter shite, he knows it, the fans know it, some of the players themselves should be wondering how they’ve managed to make it this far as a professional footballer.

If he’d actually built that squad and they were performing like so then fair enough.

If he didn’t rate them, or thought he could work with them, why take the job? Maybe it was the silver pieces...

9 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As for Falkirk, if they end the season in 8th again then they will have done very well over the final 17 games as they are atrocious. McKinnon throwing the players under the bus and taking 0% responsibility, which tells you the class of the man.

I'm amazed at the lack of criticism for McKinnon.  He's playing the Falkirk fans like a fiddle and they've fallen for it.

He knew the limitations of the players he had yet still tactically got it wrong. If he didn't rate the players he should have parked the bus and hit on the counter-attack.

The main aim should have been not to lose the game - get at least a point or maybe 3 on the counter . Every point is vital and he set the stall out wrong. 

Yet he blames the players in his post-match comments saying they were not good enough. That's something he knew before the game. Absolute charlatan..  

I'm amazed at the lack of criticism for McKinnon.  He's playing the Falkirk fans like a fiddle and they've fallen for it.
He knew the limitations of the players he had yet still tactically got it wrong. If he didn't rate the players he should have parked the bus and hit on the counter-attack.
The main aim should have been not to lose the game - get at least a point or maybe 3 on the counter . Every point is vital and he set the stall out wrong. 
Yet he blames the players in his post-match comments saying they were not good enough. That's something he knew before the game. Absolute charlatan..  
Behave. We know the script. He has bagged more points than we could ever have hoped for. Plenty credit in the bank.

30 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

You are coming over as a very, very bitter man.

Did Ray do something to you on a personal level ?

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucked if I know. You dont see that sort of thing often. Not sure if it would be standard practice to say no to a request like that or not?

Dundee Utd rejected our request for the first game of the season, like you though I'm not sure if it's more standard to say yes or no to such a request. 

Clear penalty on Beadling linesman should have flagged for that and also I would have liked to see the booking just outside the box when the falkirk player brought down Keena as “last man” so I struggle to see how it wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity, unless the referee has been watching the pars play.

good result yesterday and hopefully we get a result against Alloa and get ourselves in the promotion playoffs, incredible to think it’s more than possible considering the start we have had.

30 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

At no point did it ever look half decent tbf. 

TBF, considering that 90% of us knew f**k all about it until we reached our seats, it wasn't too bad.

What the feck are these displays all about anyway? 

Regarding McKinnon, he set Falkirk up to defend and hit on the counter at East End and got a 1-0 win.

With the same squad of players to choose from, he set up a team to play a more open game and conceded 4 at home to us and it could easily have been more. How can you possibly argue that the manager shouldn’t take any of the blame? He knew the limitations of the squad and didn’t set up properly for the game at all, despite finding a formula that worked last time we met.

Archived