Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

I'm amazed at the lack of criticism for McKinnon.  He's playing the Falkirk fans like a fiddle and they've fallen for it.

He knew the limitations of the players he had yet still tactically got it wrong. If he didn't rate the players he should have parked the bus and hit on the counter-attack.

The main aim should have been not to lose the game - get at least a point or maybe 3 on the counter . Every point is vital and he set the stall out wrong. 

Yet he blames the players in his post-match comments saying they were not good enough. That's something he knew before the game. Absolute charlatan..  

It's a miracle that he's managed to get this many points with this squad of shite. It's the worst full time squad ever assembled in this league.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Regarding McKinnon, he set Falkirk up to defend and hit on the counter at East End and got a 1-0 win.

With the same squad of players to choose from, he set up a team to play a more open game and conceded 4 at home to us and it could easily have been more. How can you possibly argue that the manager shouldn’t take any of the blame? He knew the limitations of the squad and didn’t set up properly for the game at all, despite finding a formula that worked last time we met.

It wasn't the same squad. We played the counter-attack because we had Petravicius in for the first game - a fast front man who provided an out ball. We also had Paton who although limited, does try to break up opposition play.  We also had a central defender playing RB because of injury and Kidd at least tries to get forward to support counter attacks. 

It's a team of dross but with three of the counter-attacking dross removed.

18 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Regarding McKinnon, he set Falkirk up to defend and hit on the counter at East End and got a 1-0 win.

With the same squad of players to choose from, he set up a team to play a more open game and conceded 4 at home to us and it could easily have been more. How can you possibly argue that the manager shouldn’t take any of the blame? He knew the limitations of the squad and didn’t set up properly for the game at all, despite finding a formula that worked last time we met.

He didn't have the same squad unfortunately. That system relied heavily on Petravicius who was unavailable; his replacement was Dennon Lewis who is woeful! We also had to play Muirhead in midfield because Paton wasn't there and Sammut wide right because of Kidd's injury. If he'd played wing back the result could have been even worse!

Edit to say that I didn't notice that NBB had said it all before me. Also that I think Ayr Utd may run up a cricket score as Petra won't be back and I can't see us getting sufficient numbers in to make much of a difference before next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Aaron Muirhead is a grey hairy jobbie of a human being. Wears the armband but went straight down the tunnel at full time, no handshakes or even applauding your home support. Would be embarrassed to have him as our captain. 

You wouldn't be embarrassed, you'd be fuckin devastated! 

Should we consider a right back if someone decent is available? Craigan is far too slow to react at their first goal despite my liking for him. Not sure Williamson is progressing at all, maybe the pressure of this season is telling with his form.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Currently heading back along the motorway on his return to Snake Mountain. 

I appreciate that he scored a worldie against us but to me he's pretty horrendous, doesn't have pace to run in behind, doesn't seem to have the nous to make a ball stick etc. Fair play he's fair scored a few. 

I know you’re team is crap Falkirk but replacing the goalkeeper David Mitchell with the comedian David Mitchell was an interesting move however I’m not sure it paid off every kick went out the park pretty much.

B92DE1EC-AE0F-4E55-AE40-0B3FE595462C.jpeg

It's a miracle that he's managed to get this many points with this squad of shite. It's the worst full time squad ever assembled in this league.

I was taken to my first game at Brockville in 1968 aged 5 and I can genuinely say the current team are by far the worst that I have seen in my 50 years supporting Falkirk.

Quite astonishing that a manager could sign so many truly atrocious players at one time.

Beyond incompetence.

I'm amazed at the lack of criticism for McKinnon.  He's playing the Falkirk fans like a fiddle and they've fallen for it.
He knew the limitations of the players he had yet still tactically got it wrong. If he didn't rate the players he should have parked the bus and hit on the counter-attack.
The main aim should have been not to lose the game - get at least a point or maybe 3 on the counter . Every point is vital and he set the stall out wrong. 
Yet he blames the players in his post-match comments saying they were not good enough. That's something he knew before the game. Absolute charlatan..  

If you'd have listened to McKinnon after every one of our gubbings, he's purposely not flung them under a bus, for obvious reasons. Now that the window is nearly upon us, he has. As regards parking the bus, he has on every game I've seen. God awful to stomach, and sadly to no avail most times.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I was taken to my first game at Brockville in 1968 aged 5 and I can genuinely say the current team are by far the worst that I have seen in my 50 years supporting Falkirk.

Quite astonishing that a manager could sign so many truly atrocious players at one time.

Beyond incompetence.

Aye, I was 1968 too although I was nearly 11 at the time.

I've probably seen some worse individuals but there's no doubt that this is the worst squad!

Archived