Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

Don't see any reason why we'd get a doing here. Ray has us well set up defensively with 3 defensive midfielders, so we won't concede many if at all. 
With Paton out and McKee still injured, I'd bring back Harrison and push Muirhead into midfield where he's been very effective previously.
Mitchell
Kidd McGhee Harrison Brough Robson
Muirhead Buaben Sammut
Petravicius Rudden
To the best of my knowledge, he has been effective there in one game. He has been shite there in at least 1 and probably nore that I havent seen.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:
Don't see any reason why we'd get a doing here. Ray has us well set up defensively with 3 defensive midfielders, so we won't concede many if at all. 
With Paton out and McKee still injured, I'd bring back Harrison and push Muirhead into midfield where he's been very effective previously.
Mitchell
Kidd McGhee Harrison Brough Robson
Muirhead Buaben Sammut
Petravicius Rudden

To the best of my knowledge, he has been effective there in one game. He has been shite there in at least 1 and probably nore that I havent seen.

Played well in that position against Ross County away and our win at Inverness.

We don't have many other options anyway with Paton and McKee out. Irving is the last thing we need for a game like this. Having said that, Muirhead or McGhee at right back with Lewis Kidd going to midfield could be a possibility.

Played well in that position against Ross County away and our win at Inverness.
We don't have many other options anyway with Paton and McKee out. Irving is the last thing we need for a game like this. Having said that, Muirhead or McGhee at right back with Lewis Kidd going to midfield could be a possibility.
Odd that you would mention the County away game, considering the stand out performance for us that day was your boy Lewis Kidds, standing out for taking an absolute rinsing from Gardyne.....

Aero is shite defence or midfield. Wish it wasnt so, but he has regressed badly this seaaon.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Odd that you would mention the County away game, considering the stand out performance for us that day was your boy Lewis Kidds, standing out for taking an absolute rinsing from Gardyne.....

Aero is shite defence or midfield. Wish it wasnt so, but he has regressed badly this seaaon.

tbf on that one it's just more noticeable with the poor effort of signings we had during the close season.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not saying he's a world beater. However, he's certainly a far better player than the vast majority of our squad at the moment. 

Muirhead, Kidd and McKee are at least proven, average championship players so need to be the first names on the team sheet when available for the moment.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think Aero's best position could well be up front! He's no slouch, has a bit of presence and strength, would be ok in the air and we know he has a good finish in him. Of course he would be average at best but that's what he's been everywhere else he's played.

Archived