Falkirk vs Dunfermline - 29/12/18

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no Paton and if Prince phones it in again as it sounds like he did last weekend, we could quite easily take the absolute thrashing that somehow has never materialised since the QoS home game.

Admittedly Dunfermline are gash, but if we dont have anyone capable of making a mark in midfield then it will be one way traffic.

On the plus side I hope this is the last wee see of Irving, Sammut and McKee.

I dont hate any of them or anything, I just wish they would all f**k off and not come back.

(Others can f**k off too, but was on the theme of midfield.)

Muirhead will likely play midfield to kick Higginbotham
A true meeting of headsgone minds there....

Can only hope Aero sticks with being the WUM rather than the WUMee.

When McKee plays one thing he does ok at is tucking back in to assist Kidd defensively. Not sure whether Muirhead manages to do that on the left for Robson, maybe McKee left, Aero right and Prince in the middle?

Imagine being in this nick because Paul Paton is out [emoji23] f**k me.

Genuinely dont want to see Irving in a Falkirk shirt again. Has built up some real seethe in me recently.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

True.

He's the least rotten midfielder we have. Which given the state we are in, makes him a big loss.

What a time..

Where did this myth come from btw? I missed a handful of games but I've seen nothing to suggest he's better than eg Kidd/Buaben/Irving as a three, for example. Even that lump Muirhead.

"Paton is our best midfielder" seems to be a narrative that got posted once or twice and is now accepted as fact. This happens semi-regularly for some reason amongst our support.

Where did this myth come from btw? I missed a handful of games but I've seen nothing to suggest he's better than eg Kidd/Buaben/Irving as a three, for example. Even that lump Muirhead.
"Paton is our best midfielder" seems to be a narrative that got posted once or twice and is now accepted as fact. This happens semi-regularly for some reason amongst our support.
Tbf its only recent and he has turned in significantly better performances than before when he was getting the hounding he deserved.

That said, I have seen performances from Lewis Kidd in midfield that would match anything Paton has done (Morton Away, Utd at home off the top of my head last season) so thats the levels we are talking about

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Comparing our midfield is like comparing what type shite you have in the morning. Whatever type it is you always feel better when it has gone

Completely agree which this makes this Paton hero-worship (albeit from the usual suspects) all the more bizarre.

Don't see any reason why we'd get a doing here. Ray has us well set up defensively with 3 defensive midfielders, so we won't concede many if at all. 

With Paton out and McKee still injured, I'd bring back Harrison and push Muirhead into midfield where he's been very effective previously.

Mitchell

Kidd McGhee Harrison Brough Robson

Muirhead Buaben Sammut

Petravicius Rudden

Archived