Well v Killie. Boxing Day #TB4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was a cracker where Gillespie tipped a shot over and our fans applauded what was a very decent save, ref pondered it for a few seconds and awarded a goal kick. Steven MacLean at his very best. 

I was sat in the Cooper and Gillespie was laughing while he picked up the ball. Absolutely amazing stuff.

I think we're all being a bit harsh on the ref here. He was clearly still pished from Christmas day.

At least we can all agree he was universally shite rather than one team getting more favourable decisions than the other.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I think we're all being a bit harsh on the ref here. He was clearly still pished from Christmas day.

At least we can all agree he was universally shite rather than one team getting more favourable decisions than the other.

I normally bemoan him for giving us nothing due to his Dad being a fondly-remembered Killie player of yore, but yesterday the decisions were totally baffling. This season the standard of officiating has been consistently poor all round, and God help any teams in the CL or EL that get drawn to have the Scottish refs.

5 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I normally bemoan him for giving us nothing due to his Dad being a fondly-remembered Killie player of yore, but yesterday the decisions were totally baffling. This season the standard of officiating has been consistently poor all round, and God help any teams in the CL or EL that get drawn to have the Scottish refs.

Just remember, if you asked for some improvements or help for the referees to ensure that they getthe correct decsions, you will either recieve the following 2 reponses:

1. "We dont have the funds/money/ability to currently implement this."

2. Fines or bans for comenting on the current status of refereeing.

Honestly i thought the SFA would atleast put something inplace to help referees and not punish them link what overs have been suggesting, but their not even ddoing that!

Anyway, the refereeing decisions would not uave effected the full time result as killy were always more likely to score and we werent. 

IMG_20181226_191004.thumb.jpg.b052cdea1fcd6845ad5354ec6504e296.jpg
Motherwell must use a 2nd hand Rangers calculator if they think it was only 1800..... there was a good few extra buses run than the 2214 at Hamilton on Saturday.

The south stand holds 4800, so about 40% full with your support. Looking at the pictures, that seems about right!
Still a cracking support!

Classy chat as usual from our #TB4 brothers. Best of luck for rest of the season, and with a striker and centre mid signed in january, I’m sure you’ll be less shite than at least 2 of the other 3 round about you. Defo a better team when you try to play football rather than hoofball though. 

Nice try Aldred but naebody's buying ur pish..... https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3674920/motherwell-tom-aldred-kilmarnock-stephen-odonnell-down-like-a-girl-curtis-main/

“To be fair to Curtis, I think he had a concussion as well.

“He didn’t look all there "

So Mr Aldred , Why did you fail to inform your bench you had concerns over a team mates health & they could have removed him in order for a qualified medical person to examine him?

Nice try Aldred but naebody's buying ur pish..... https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3674920/motherwell-tom-aldred-kilmarnock-stephen-odonnell-down-like-a-girl-curtis-main/

“To be fair to Curtis, I think he had a concussion as well.

“He didn’t look all there "

So Mr Aldred , Why did you fail to inform your bench you had concerns over a team mates health & they could have removed him in order for a qualified medical person to examine him?

Whilst I don’t think there is anything offensive in the “down like a girl” comment I’m definitely going to act all offended over it on Twitter to see what can be stirred up.

Expect him sacked by Monday.

Is there any update on the 3 Motherwell lads with head knocks?
Chilly D has been back on Twitter with tales of his visit to Wishaw General (after spending time visiting staff and patients there in Christmas Day). So he seems to be back up and around okay.

Mbulu has a detached retina, so that's not looking good for him.

McHugh missed half the season a couple of years ago after a concussion, strangely also versus Killie - hammer throwers? ;-) So as is to be expected, his recovery will be a bit trickier. I've not seen any update on him yet, is imagine they're just going to take things slowly and make sure he's fully recovered before risking him.

Winter break coming at the right time, I think. It's been a really bad season for weird injuries, when you also take Trevor Carson being out with a DVT into account.

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Whilst I don’t think there is anything offensive in the “down like a girl” comment I’m definitely going to act all offended over it on Twitter to see what can be stirred up.

Expect him sacked by Monday.

I am outraged at the original comment, AND the fact that you are not outraged. I will be contacting the Scottish Government to ask that Nicola condemns this sort of vile abusive language.

2 hours ago, fat_tony said:

Chilly D has been back on Twitter with tales of his visit to Wishaw General (after spending time visiting staff and patients there in Christmas Day). So he seems to be back up and around okay.

Mbulu has a detached retina, so that's not looking good for him.

McHugh missed half the season a couple of years ago after a concussion, strangely also versus Killie - hammer throwers? ;-) So as is to be expected, his recovery will be a bit trickier. I've not seen any update on him yet, is imagine they're just going to take things slowly and make sure he's fully recovered before risking him.

Winter break coming at the right time, I think. It's been a really bad season for weird injuries, when you also take Trevor Carson being out with a DVT into account.

Ach, that's baws re Mbulu.  Hope all three are back playing stat.  Sending #tb4 wishes.

ETA: Just saw Charles Dunne spent Christmas day visiting the children's ward and other patients in Wishaw General.  A thoroughly selfless act,  given he was admitted himself.

Archived