Well v Killie. Boxing Day #TB4

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Steve Clarke is the best manager in Scotland right now and its not debatable. f**k Brendan Rodgers.

Pound-for-pound, he is the best by a mile. There can't be any doubt about that. 

Great to see Killie doing well. Good club  with good fans. 

Well done to Killie, great to see them flying high. It goes to show what a difference a decent manager can do. Hope they finish third. Terrific support too. 1800 my arse. 

From our point of view, we got to see what our Plan B is. Instead of firing the ball from a cannon at Curtis Main's face, Plan B is to fire the ball from a cannon at Danny Johnson's face. 

Accies will bum us on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Muzz1886 said:

Well done to Killie, great to see them flying high. It goes to show what a difference a decent manager can do. Hope they finish third. Terrific support too. 1800 my arse. 

From our point of view, we got to see what our Plan B is. Instead of firing the ball from a cannon at Curtis Main's face, Plan B is to fire the ball from a cannon at Danny Johnson's face. 

Accies will bum us on Saturday. 

*2nd

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Curtis Main’s red card emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. Fucking hell what a moron.

I thought he was a lucky boy earlier when he jumped into Dicker inside the centre circle, leading with an elbow.

Steven McLean was standing about 10 yrds away, in full view & waved play on. He's a horrific ref, not just against us but Motherwell to, some of his decissios today beggared belief ......

I thought he was a lucky boy earlier when he jumped into Dicker inside the centre circle, leading with an elbow.
Steven McLean was standing about 10 yrds away, in full view & waved play on. He's a horrific ref, not just against us but Motherwell to, some of his decissios today beggared belief ......

Yeah I was trying to find a way to say this without it sounding like sour grapes, as Killie were well with their win. But there were some baffling decisions.

I thought Greg Stewart was lucky to stay on the pitch after kicking out at Aldred off the ball after some handbags, although post-Morelos I genuinely don't have a clue what is classed as a red card there now. And the Killie effort in the first half that Gillespie clearly tipped over the bar (in which everyone in the stadium could both see and hear the ball making contact with his glove) and yet managed to give us a bye kick. Also agree with the incident above, Main was lucky to get away with it. The one where Bigi was wiped out on the edge of the box yet got nothing.

Not any case of one team being hard done by, but just general incompetence. McLean is just an awful, awful referee.

In football terms, we looked best when either Grimshaw or Frear were able to take the ball down the wing, but we were generally far too slow in getting the ball to either of them. Tait continues to be solid, wherever he plays, a really consistent player who gives his all every game. Gorrin looked decent in flashes but was looking for too long on the ball and tried the hard pass too often. Lack of game time maybe a factor there (despite what Mikey Stewart thinks) but he could be an option, especially since we're losing Rose and McHugh may be out after yesterday's knock.

1 hour ago, fat_tony said:

I thought Greg Stewart was lucky to stay on the pitch after kicking out at Aldred off the ball after some handbags, although post-Morelos I genuinely don't have a clue what is classed as a red card there now. And the Killie effort in the first half that Gillespie clearly tipped over the bar (in which everyone in the stadium could both see and hear the ball making contact with his glove) and yet managed to give us a bye kick. Also agree with the incident above, Main was lucky to get away with it. The one where Bigi was wiped out on the edge of the box yet got nothing.

I'm laughing thinking about all those incidents again, they were all so obviously wrong. From the opposite side of the pitch it was completely obvious that Power wiped that boy out on the edge of the box, only McLean could fail to give that. Absolute idiot. 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Liam Grimshaw is by far our most entertaining player.

Agreed - at least he's willing to run with the ball and have a go.

I also thought Gorrin had a decent game yesterday. He was a bit slow in possession at times meaning he got caught on the ball but he was at least willing to get his head up and look for a pass. With a decent run of games he should get used to the pace of the game up here and could be a useful player for us.

The best decision of the day was when the ball went out for a fairly clear Motherwell throw and Taylor just walked over and took it.

I actually laughed out loud at that decision. It’s not sour grapes when I say that the referee was a disgrace yesterday. The decisions for & against both teams yesterday were absolutely hysterical.

Archived