Aberdeen v Celtic

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised there's not a bit more buzz about this game. I think it's the most important game of the season so far and could be defining for both clubs. If Aberdeen win then they are genuinely in a title fight, they have the experience to keep trucking and they'd have the confidence to see it through; if Celtic win today and on Saturday it's hard to see them getting caught, but lose both and it's a four-way battle in which I'm not sure if they'd even be favourites. There's every chance we'll look back at the end of the season on this week as the critical period - or at least, when we saw who could go the distance.

Aberdeen have rarely let themselves down in big matches in recent years, and they'll surely give it a good go today. It probably comes down to which Celtic shows up - cup final Celtic, Old Firm game Celtic, or their complacent cousins, Easter Road Celtic. You just wonder if that extra gear will be there again for them yet again.

I'm a bit jealous of those going today tbh. Here's hoping for a last-minute Shay Logan knee-slide in front of the Celtic fans as he celebrates his (miles offside, handballed) winning goal.

We know that Pre match bravado from the opposition sustains you more than actually winning the match.

See it as a Christmas gift.
Very kind of you.

Mr Romeo has just put a bet in a draw, do you know a good divorce lawyer?

Guest Bob Mahelp
36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Polis pulling buses again for drink ffs.

Is it proper bevvy, or the Buckie-esque paint stripper lined chemical swill that you minks drink to get you through the day before you get back on top of your sisters again ?

Hopefully we get to see more of Johnston today, looking at his stats on https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mikey-johnston/profil/spieler/297257 (I'm not sure how reliable this is), 3 goals in 7 (actually 3 goals in 280 minutes which isn't 7 full games) is a great return for a 19 year old and must have an amazing potential. A great problem for Brendan to have.

Archived