Queens v Ayr

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/12/2018 at 16:12, AUFC 1910 said:

Wage thief moves on with his bag of swag

Harkins gone to Partick now more money  and a 18 month contract take it you don't miss Harkins at Ayr can't really see Queens missing him he started well with us but quickly lost interest 

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Harkins gone to Partick now more money  and a 18 month contract take it you don't miss Harkins at Ayr can't really see Queens missing him he started well with us but quickly lost interest 

Should be a giggle to see how Partick fans react if the uninterested and lazy Harkins that we both saw rolls up at Firhill for a relegation scrap.

28 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Should be a giggle to see how Partick fans react if the uninterested and lazy Harkins that we both saw rolls up at Firhill for a relegation scrap.

Queens fans have only suggested he was ever lazy or uninterested with us, since Monday.  There was no sniff of such sentiment at all until he left the club.

Some said he was played out of position, and that McCall waited too long to get him out the first team too.

I'd say he just didn't fancy it with us and showed only the merest hint of the player that he was.

He looked fat and lazy at Ayr on most occasions. Not a nice thing to say about any ex-player but to me - a wage thief.

How he has managed to still make a decent living in shorts is beyond me.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Queens fans have only suggested he was ever lazy or uninterested with us, since Monday.  There was no sniff of such sentiment at all until he left the club.

He hardly ever got praised for his workrate or great attitude when he was here either to be fair. I think he was tolerated because of what he could potentially do rather than what he actually did in the majority of games he played.

We knew what Harkins was capable of, don’t think anyone wanted to doubt him because we thought he would eventually come good (including me). I thought we missed him hugely when he was injured, but in reality, he didn’t do much when he came back. In hindsight he wasn’t very good with us. He was entertainment vs the likes of Clyde and Ayr when we were already 3/4 up, but when we needed him most he didn’t stand up to the challenge.

He was really just a slower, fatter, lazier Dobbie.

Archived