Best striker

I think on the first half of the season the strikers that have made a big impact and how it’s effected their clubs performances/league positions, for me 

1-Agnew(Stranraer)

2-Anderson(Lochar)

3-McKenzie(Nithsdale)

4-Goss(Abbey Vale)

5-Swan( Uppers) but not really a striker but gets in about the goals, but I still think Agnew and kerr (Bonny)are by far to best two in the league on ability.

After watching yesterday performance, I’d say Stranraer have best central defender in senior buff whorlow, best 2 central midfielders in Lewis Dunn and Callum Scott the way they both work together is outstanding. Then alistar mccolm or dean Agnew as the best forward. Anderson is very close second for forward, very good player. Also like dean smith from mid annandale as a forward.  

Heard so much about this Sean McKenzie but watched game yesterday and he never got a sniff and was out worked and bullied by both central defenders and never got a touch a part from one mistake that was made. Was disappointed from his showing 

Heard so much about this Sean McKenzie but watched game yesterday and he never got a sniff and was out worked and bullied by both central defenders and never got a touch a part from one mistake that was made. Was disappointed from his showing 

Apparently Auchenleck Talbot trying to sign him. After his showing v Stranraer I’d say he’d fit right in at Talbot

With the u12’s

46 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

Apparently Auchenleck Talbot trying to sign him. After his showing v Stranraer I’d say he’d fit right in at Talbot

With the u12’s

Unless he had a very extreme off day against Stranraer then it’s quite baffling to hear Talbot are in for him.  As people would say, “he was in the back pocket” off the big fella at the back for Stranraer who was marking him most of game and then Buff Whorlow was passing rings round him and wasn’t getting a sniff 

With the u12’s
Sean McKenzie couldn't cut it at Cumnock so I would be amazed if Talbot were interested.

I have seen both these strikers this season & so far not been impressed by either:

Watched McKenzie at pro youth level & he was a cracking player, however didn’t do much in game against Bonnyton defenders 

The lad Anderson although I do believe he is good, movement etc. however to my knowledge has never scored or achieved anything against Bonnyton either 

And before anyone attacks me I am just saying based on what I have seen so far, is it possible that they are banging in goals against easier teams only????

How many have they scored against Stranraer this season?

54 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I have seen both these strikers this season & so far not been impressed by either:

Watched McKenzie at pro youth level & he was a cracking player, however didn’t do much in game against Bonnyton defenders 

The lad Anderson although I do believe he is good, movement etc. however to my knowledge has never scored or achieved anything against Bonnyton either 

And before anyone attacks me I am just saying based on what I have seen so far, is it possible that they are banging in goals against easier teams only????

How many have they scored against Stranraer this saeason? 

0 as well against Stranraer 

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

How many have they scored against Stranraer this season?

You must of missed the game he scored the 2 against you in last years midweek win. 

This wasn’t the point I was making ... it was about how many goals that the lad scored against Bonnyton & Stranraer

therefore if I look at what you have provided is 2 x goals out of 5 games v Bonnyton  & zero v Stranraer this season so far 

Not that good IMO so far but this could change in remainder of season 

5 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

This wasn’t the point I was making ... it was about how many goals that the lad scored against Bonnyton & Stranraer

therefore if I look at what you have provided is 2 x goals out of 5 games v Bonnyton  & zero v Stranraer this season so far 

With all due respect McKenzie only signed at Nithsdale a few weeks ago from Cumnock and has just played the recent games v Bonnyton and Stranraer, missing the earlier ones in the season, but I take your point as he didn't have a sniff in both games...

Lochar played Bonnyton 3 times last season with Iain scoring 2 goals. This season a 1-1 draw was played out with Iain not scoring.

Lochar played Stranraer 4 times last season with Iain scoring 3 goals in the games. This season the teams were locked at 1-1 when the game was abandoned, Iain wasn’t the scorer for Lochar though.

As for scoring against big teams Iain had a great record last season and this season so far:-
4 v St Cuthberts
2 v Abbey Vale
1 v Uppers
Isn’t too bad in my eyes!!

As I said previous if I wasn’t taking dean Agnew or young ally mccolm I’d be taking Ian Anderson as my no9. But I understand where billy coming from only for this season right enough. Who is top scorer this season lads anyone know? Jonny Baxter must be close? 

Archived