Match delayed...

Aubrey Maturin

When playing junior standard in Norn Iron our midfielder had to exit stage left very quickly and have a Donald Trump in the bushes behind the goal. Nothing to do with the state he was in from the night before though :thumsup2

We were 3-0 up at the time, (I think, definitely comfortably ahead), so it had no bearing on the game. He claims he waited until we were safe.

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:10, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

When playing junior standard in Norn Iron our midfielder had to exit stage left very quickly and have a Donald Trump in the bushes behind the goal. Nothing to do with the state he was in from the night before though :thumsup2

We were 3-0 up at the time, (I think, definitely comfortably ahead), so it had no bearing on the game. He claims he waited until we were safe.

I was at a strathspey thistle game earlier this year(Selkirk in the cup,maybe) and no sooner than the game had been restarted at the start of the second half than a player was bolting for the dressing rooms with the shits

40 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

A playoff for the World Cup finals between Australia and Iran got stopped for a bit because a fan ran on the pitch and tore the net of the goal down. Think the delay ended up being about 20 minutes.

Airdrie fans can top that

_1955176_airdriebrokengoal300.jpg

Hawick v Duns in the Border League during 1893-94 was held-up several times when the only ball had to be recovered from a swollen stream. It was finally abandoned after 2 Hawick players almost drowned in the latest effort, so maybe doesn't count for the purposes of this thread, tbf.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when i played with brechin youths a game against Montrose was delayed for 20 minutes after some lads shot came off the crossbar and it collapsed. it was down at broomfield sk we had to move the nets over to another pitch.

we also had a scottish youth under 17s game against Motherwell at wishaw and the game was stopped in the forst half of extra time as a medical helicopter landed on the pitch for the hospital beside the pitches. that did not help with the cramp when it resumed. that was about an hour it was delayed.

Once at primary school (in my holding midfield days), a match was delayed because the opposition goalie was too tired to play on and they couldnt get anyone else to go in. 

This was about 15 minutes into the match.  He was a fat b*****d right enough. 

Dumbarton vs Kilmarnock in 1993 was delayed by an hour because one of the car park floodlights at the back of the stand had toppled over. The fire brigade were called and took a while for them to say there was no fire risk. There was also a fire alarm (possibly during a game) at the Rock where the fans were evacuated onto the pitch.

Archived