on a happier note, beith 1v3 pollok

lokforever

Pollok looking good. Well drilled and disciplined. Amazing what a change of staff can do. Definetley in with a shout and wary of them.

Wtf has happened to Beith?

The biggest change is week in week out we play to a similar formation. Before that it was a lottery what set up we would have.

Now even with injuries to our back line Murdie / Budgie have kept it simple and not been scared to play young Coutts in our back 4 when some of the more experienced players have been out. Under Tony we would have changed formation.

Up top, we have got McLuskey back and that is helping McCann.

Still got Forde to come back (played a few minutes at weekend) Gary McCann who hasn’t played since October but has his cast off now and both offer even more attacking options and would get a game for nearly every junior side.

IMO The league is gone, but finishing as high up as possible and a good crack at the Scottish will give the new management team something to build on next season. Overall there just seems to be a lot more positivity around the club, terraces and certainly looks that way on the park too.

Far too many players missing in nicky and Ryan Doherty, Connor mcglinchey, Jamie Wilson, John middleton and kev Mcdonald recently retired,a real makeshift team with milky at right back, thomas Collins had to go off injured after only 15 minutes and Kev Green got red carded shortly after and it was very harsh as there was no contact made at all. 

Always going to be tough when you factor in all that however Pollok were very sharp and the better team by a good bit.

Far too many players missing in nicky and Ryan Doherty, Connor mcglinchey, Jamie Wilson, John middleton and kev Mcdonald recently retired,a real makeshift team with milky at right back, thomas Collins had to go off injured after only 15 minutes and Kev Green got red carded shortly after and it was very harsh as there was no contact made at all. 

Always going to be tough when you factor in all that however Pollok were very sharp and the better team by a good bit.

Fk sake Hertha only took you 3 days to reply on a Beith thread [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Fk sake Hertha only took you 3 days to reply on a Beith thread emoji23.png

4 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Fk sake Hertha only took you 3 days to reply on a Beith thread emoji23.png

Aye I've been staying in Auchinleck the last three days and it takes a good bit of time for the Internet to get a signal down there :P

We can all list players who are out

Gary McCann
Forde just returning and making bench
Gormley
Watt
Sideserf
Mackenzie who has being playing in Siderserf absence
Then lose McNeil who is playing in that position and end up with a boy at LB who hasn’t played there for us.

Just part of the game and I doubt any team ever has a full squad to pick from.

3 minutes ago, superpollok said:

We can all list players who are out

Gary McCann
Forde just returning and making bench
Gormley
Watt
Sideserf
Mackenzie who has being playing in Siderserf absence
Then lose McNeil who is playing in that position and end up with a boy at LB who hasn’t played there for us.

Just part of the game and I doubt any team ever has a full squad to pick from.

You're correct and it's part of the game, but the kev green - red card was a shocker and the assistant ref got it totally wrong, beith were slow out the traps to start with but that decision was a big factor in the game though. 

Think the red card is a hard one to call. He definitely puts his arm on Stuart then pulls it off when he realizes what he is doing, Stuart is at full speed at the time which both end up on the ground. I didn’t think he made that much of a big deal if it when sent off, a few words over at linesman but everyone pretty much accepted it, so I took it that he knew what he did.

I actually thought we lost a bit when you were down to 10, before that we were comfortable, creating loads and getting in behind at will.

But IMO lino called it wrong with our goal that was chopped off at 0-0.
Sheridan dropped back and when boyle wins it in the air Steph is in line, but it’s him the lino clearly sees so easy for him to flag as Sheridan on far side. But pause it on the video and to me it’s on, which a lot of guys were shouting for at the game.

Anyway, will take the 3 points as full deserved on that performance.

23 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Think the red card is a hard one to call. He definitely puts his arm on Stuart then pulls it off when he realizes what he is doing, Stuart is at full speed at the time which both end up on the ground. I didn’t think he made that much of a big deal if it when sent off, a few words over at linesman but everyone pretty much accepted it, so I took it that he knew what he did.

I actually thought we lost a bit when you were down to 10, before that we were comfortable, creating loads and getting in behind at will.

But IMO lino called it wrong with our goal that was chopped off at 0-0.
Sheridan dropped back and when boyle wins it in the air Steph is in line, but it’s him the lino clearly sees so easy for him to flag as Sheridan on far side. But pause it on the video and to me it’s on, which a lot of guys were shouting for at the game.

Anyway, will take the 3 points as full deserved on that performance.

I thought the Pollok goal that was chopped off at 0-0 was a good goal and I turned my back on it when Pollok scored and accepted it as a good goal, as for the greene sending off I was right in line with it and there was very little in it for me, thought it was very harsh and 50/50 with both players trying to win the ball and very little contact either way. Shortly after it the lino called a Pollok player onside when he was a yard off at least but as said before Pollok were the better team on the day and were far sharper than us. 

Archived