Ally Semple...he's no right in the head

TFW

I disagree wholeheartedly with most of your points.
I thought Stephen Wilson's booking was very harsh and indeed it was only given because the ref folded under intense pressure from a gaggle of Nock playerswho actually wanted a red card.
As for the pen, the Nock midfielder slid into the tackle, got nowhere near the ball and the offence happened right on the line which under the rules makes it a penalty.
I've seen countless half time warm ups but can't recall one, before today, where an opposition player chooses to do it yards away from the home team.
He was very clearly trying to goad the Talbot support.
The booking was harsh but to suggest it was given because the referee felt pressured into it is tinfoil hat material.

Have you just made that "rule" up? [emoji38] On the line isn't a penalty. The same way a ball bouncing on the goal line isn't a goal.

The goalkeeper is always going to be yards away from the support unless he's in the middle of the pitch. He could have just stood at the side to begin with and there was a whole lot of faffing about over nothing, but the reaction from the Talbot end was a bit OTT.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The booking was harsh but to suggest it was given because the referee felt pressured into it is tinfoil hat material.

Have you just made that "rule" up? emoji38.png On the line isn't a penalty. The same way a ball bouncing on the goal line isn't a goal.

The goalkeeper is always going to be yards away from the support unless he's in the middle of the pitch. He could have just stood at the side to begin with and there was a whole lot of faffing about over nothing, but the reaction from the Talbot end was a bit OTT.

Actually on the line is a penalty. It is an actual rule. 

Senior thickos not knowing the rules

Actually on the line is a penalty. It is an actual rule. 
Senior thickos not knowing the rules
Yip my bad. Resorting to petty name calling kind of ruins your post mind you.
It doesn't really matter now. What did you think of Semple digging up the penalty spot. I thought it was cringeworthy and highlights the fact that he is a balloon.
Silly from the guy. But he was deservedly booked. Had he not been booked for that I expect he'll have been booked for timewasting. I actually commented to my mate that I was surprised the ref hadn't had a word with him about that.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have you just made that "rule" up? emoji38.png On the line isn't a penalty. The same way a ball bouncing on the goal line isn't a goal.

http://www.theifab.com/laws/the-field-of-play-2018/chapters/field-markings-2018

Law 1.2 Field markings
The field of play must be rectangular and marked with continuous lines which must not be dangerous; artificial playing surface material may be used for the field markings on natural fields if it is not dangerous. These lines belong to the areas of which they are boundaries.

This is why the whole ball has to go over the touchline or goal line for it to be out of play, as the lines belong to the field of play.

Same as your post belittling the Juniors forum in the random matches thread.
Guess what though, we are the ones who actually know the rules
I never belittled anyone. The tinted specs is what my comment was in regards to.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:
Same as your post belittling the Juniors forum in the random matches thread.
Guess what though, we are the ones who actually know the rules

I never belittled anyone. The tinted specs is what my comment was in regards to.

Fair enough. I apologise then.

As i have said though the penalty is inconclusive. I am not saying it is definitely a penalty but you can't say it definitely isn't 

Fair enough. I apologise then.
As i have said though the penalty is inconclusive. I am not saying it is definitely a penalty but you can't say it definitely isn't 
We'll agree to disagree. I think I'll leave it there on this.

As I said elsewhere, the main thing I took from today was it was a great advert (on the pitch!) for that division. Both teams tried to play football the right way and at £6 is was both far cheaper and far more entertaining than my game at Palmerston last Saturday!

I'll be back at a Juniors game again but maybe try another ground to see what it's like. Thought Beechwood was an impressive wee ground though. I expect I'll be back in the future :)

Talbots first goal is on the Facebook page, bit a technical hiccup during editing.

In regards to the thread, terrible title. I thought Cumnock showed up determined no to get gubbed and could see the passion in which they were celebrating each tackle and attack. I guess the question is why not be like that every week? Your supporters deserve it.

Semple is a villain and I like a bit of that, he was caught out a few times and ultimately got the comeuppance. Players were dropping with cramp almost 30 minutes still to play and was completely cured when the game drew level. I'm not a football manager but I'd say that such tactics were too early employed... but was funny seeing semple go from kicking the ball away to sprinting after it and ushering his players quickly up the pitch :lol:

Sore one for the Nock but what a derby that was, had everything really.

9 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Seen them given. Best part of the game was Semple's Ministry of silly walks just before wilson is wrongly carded.

Wrongly carded? Deary deary me! It was a cowards tackle, realised he wasn't getting there first and went over the ball.  It was right in front of me.

If the penalty was outside the box  the it made up for Lundy's  hand ball in the box that the referee missed.

Totally agree, handball was a stonewaller

However, the stand side linesman was a waste of space , missing almost everything. He flagged for about 3 offsides against Talbot in first half, but, missed a whole load of offsides and his sum total of “assistance” to the ref was reporting that guy in the yellow top for assaulting the penalty spot

Archived