Ally Semple...he's no right in the head

TFW

It was at 2-0 and not 2-1 as I thought.

It was a foul but as I thought at the time it wasn't in the box. The save was justice for a poor decision by the ref.
It was 2-1 when Talbot missed the penalty.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 19QOS19 said:

It was at 2-0 and not 2-1 as I thought.

It was a foul but as I thought at the time it wasn't in the box. The save was justice for a poor decision by the ref.

You are right. It was 2-1. Talbot's first goal is not on the video. Certainly looks in the box to me but it is not definitive on the video.

You say Talbot offered nothing going forward. What did Cumnock offer, They literally had no other chances in the game.

Talbot were poor today but still created much more.

Considering the team you support and who Cumnock's manager is, I am going to say you are not a neutral

I was right in line with it and it was outside the box , not by much but his leading foot was outside the white line
Other than that, I think today,Ally Semple was almost blameless for any of the goals and had a few really good saves to keep Cumnock in the game ,at 3-2 in particular

I think it’s a bit rich coming from a Talbot fan to say about people running up to the referee looking to get folk sent off/ booked
Every stoppage for a foul , he had the company of 2 , 3 or 4 Talbot players chasing after him, like feckin Meerkats

In my opinion, the fitter of the two teams won the game because they kept going right to the end when Cumnock players were noticeably flagging.

The two daftest things I have heard on regarding the game :

Burns had a brilliant idea to bring himself on at 1-3 , don’t think he had much option as the guy he replaced was out on his feet

To question Paul Burns and / or his coaching staff for the lack of fitness in the squad is a bit much considering he and his backroom team have only been in place for 2 weeks

Congratulations to Talbot for their never say die attitude but, stop trying to paint certain folk as the big bad wolf because they are Cumnock players because for everything said about one of our players you could say something similar about Talbot players

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft. Took this game in today and it's always interesting going to a game as a neutral as you see how biased fans really are. These posts being a good example.

A few points in response of the first post:-

- he did come needlessly running out his box but do you genuinely believe that's the reason the Talbot player was booked?

- the Talbot penalty was a challenge outside the box for a start and I'm not sure it was even a foul. He got booked for, I assume, dragging his feet on the spot. If that's the reason your player missed the penalty I suggest you get a new taker.

- he came out early and was jumping up and down waiting for the coach to kick the ball. That's what every goalkeeper in the world does. It's classed as "keeping on your toes". If you can tell me what benefit he would get from churning up his own goalmouth I'd love to hear it. It would only make his life more difficult. And to respond to the second poster's post, the Auchinleck subs were warming up near there. If they are just passing it around there is no need to be near the goals.

FWIW I thought he was the better of the two goalkeepers. He made a cracking save in the first half and couldn't really be faulted for the goals.

It was a great advert for that league. Plenty of action and goals. Thought Cumnock deserved at least a point. Auchinleck offered nothing going forward if you exclude crosses/corners. Are Talbot just good at corners or are Cumnock really poor at defending them? Good effort from Talbot to keep going though even as a neutral I felt for Cumnock.

From a gambling point of view if Ayr -3 are around 5/1, I'll be lumping on it emoji6.png

If you're a neutral then I'm odds on for next Pope.

It was 2-1 when Talbot missed the penalty.
You are right. It was 2-1. Talbot's first goal is not on the video. Certainly looks in the box to me but it is not definitive on the video.
You say Talbot offered nothing going forward. What did Cumnock offer, They literally had no other chances in the game.
Talbot were poor today but still created much more.
Considering the team you support and who Cumnock's manager is, I am going to say you are not a neutral
I thought it was 2-1, the first goal missing will explain why I doubted myself.

It's pretty conclusive in the video if you pause it. I'm astounded you're even arguing about it. The contact is made on the line at best and should have been a free-kick.

At 3-1 Cumnock were pushing for 4 and had a few chances to make it 4. And even at 4-3 they had a ball go right across the goal line that the striker almost knocked in - to say "they literally had no more chances" is utter nonsense.

I'll take your word for it that Talbot were poor by their usual standards, as you'll see them more than me. You did have a few more chances but they were all via corners or crosses. I can recall one chance where it came through the middle of the park and it was 4-3 at the time when Cumnock were pushing.

I had no idea Burns was the manager until I showed up today so I can assure you I went along as a neutral.

If you're a neutral then I'm odds on for next Pope.
If you can point out anything factually wrong with what I've said, I'm all ears. As I said already, it's amazing the nonsense you hear when you're viewing from a neutral perspective ;)

9 minutes ago, Bul2 said:

I was right in line with it and it was outside the box , not by much but his leading foot was outside the white line
Other than that, I think today,Ally Semple was almost blameless for any of the goals and had a few really good saves to keep Cumnock in the game ,at 3-2 in particular

I think it’s a bit rich coming from a Talbot fan to say about people running up to the referee looking to get folk sent off/ booked
Every stoppage for a foul , he had the company of 2 , 3 or 4 Talbot players chasing after him, like feckin Meerkats

In my opinion, the fitter of the two teams won the game because they kept going right to the end when Cumnock players were noticeably flagging.

The two daftest things I have heard on regarding the game :

Burns had a brilliant idea to bring himself on at 1-3 , don’t think he had much option as the guy he replaced was out on his feet

To question Paul Burns and / or his coaching staff for the lack of fitness in the squad is a bit much considering he and his backroom team have only been in place for 2 weeks

Congratulations to Talbot for their never say die attitude but, stop trying to paint certain folk as the big bad wolf because they are Cumnock players because for everything said about one of our players you could say something similar about Talbot players

Nobody is blaming Burns for the fitness but the fact is you had two or three players go down with "cramp" after 60/70 minutes.

There are two possibilities here. Either they are not fit enough for top league football and are stealing a wage from your club or they are cheats and are feigning injury.

Didn't see much cramp when it was 4-3

5 hours ago, TFW said:

Whenever Mr Semple plays at Beechwood he likes nothing better than a bit of Bot fan baiting, and I think most fans appreciate his stupidity. Halfway through the first half there was an innocuous challenge on a Glens player near their box, Semple comes rushing out and deliberately gets the Talbot player booked by making repeated studs up kicking motions with his legs in front of the referee. This went on for two or three minutes until the referee succumbed to it all and booked the Talbot player.

With his team leading 2-0, Talbot got a penalty (looked soft from where I was but will await the film evidence) As the referee walks away to talk to someone Semple comes out of his goal and starts to rough up the penalty spot by kicking and dragging his foot across it. Stupid sod forgot that the stand side linesman was right next to his left hand post and brought the referee's attention to his misdemeanour and rightly deserved his booking. His gamesmanship though did the trick as Steven Wilson missed the resulting penalty.

At half time, Semple comes out a good five minutes before everyone else with someone from the Cumnock coaching staff and gets him to start kicking balls at him in the goalmouth, which is already cutting up due to the ehavy rain the night before and during the match itself. This was very deliberate and he was jumping up and down in the area making the playing surface worse (he has a history of defacing the goal area at this particular end) and had to be told by a Talbot committee man to move elsewhere. This doesn't reflect well either on the new manager's tenure as his coach was fully compliant with what was going on.

In the end Cumnock couldn't hold on to a 3-1 lead and Semple was awful between the sticks and conceded three goals in in the last twenty five minutes.

I have no issue with any player who wants to have a bit of banter with the home crowd, but when that crosses over into sheer stupidity you have to question his commitment to the club concerned. I think it's fair to say that Semple took quite a few justifiable verbal pelters from the Talbot fans as the game drew to a close.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you can point out anything factually wrong with what I've said, I'm all ears. As I said already, it's amazing the nonsense you hear when you're viewing from a neutral perspective ;)

If the penalty was outside the box  the it made up for Lundy's  hand ball in the box that the referee missed.

Everything you have said is an opinion. Not fact
If you say so.
If the penalty was outside the box  the it made up for Lundy's  hand ball in the box that the referee missed.
A hard ball thumped from about a foot away, when the guy's arm is in a natural position? Can't say I'd have expected to see it given for my side.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you say so.
A hard ball thumped from about a foot away, when the guy's arm is in a natural position? Can't say I'd have expected to see it given for my side.

Seen them given. Best part of the game was Semple's Ministry of silly walks just before wilson is wrongly carded.

Seen them given. Best part of the game was Semple's Ministry of silly walks just before wilson is wrongly carded.
Definitely seen them given but I can't say I've ever agreed with the decision. I think if a player's arm is in a natural position then it's harsh to expect him to move it when the ball is hit from such a short distance.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I disagree wholeheartedly with most of your points.

I thought Stephen Wilson's booking was very harsh and indeed it was only given because the ref folded under intense pressure from a gaggle of Nock playerswho actually wanted a red card.

As for the pen, the Nock midfielder slid into the tackle, got nowhere near the ball and the offence happened right on the line which under the rules makes it a penalty.

I've seen countless half time warm ups but can't recall one, before today, where an opposition player chooses to do it yards away from the home team.

He was very clearly trying to goad the Talbot support.

Archived