Ally Semple...he's no right in the head

TFW

Whenever Mr Semple plays at Beechwood he likes nothing better than a bit of Bot fan baiting, and I think most fans appreciate his stupidity. Halfway through the first half there was an innocuous challenge on a Glens player near their box, Semple comes rushing out and deliberately gets the Talbot player booked by making repeated studs up kicking motions with his legs in front of the referee. This went on for two or three minutes until the referee succumbed to it all and booked the Talbot player.

With his team leading 2-0, Talbot got a penalty (looked soft from where I was but will await the film evidence) As the referee walks away to talk to someone Semple comes out of his goal and starts to rough up the penalty spot by kicking and dragging his foot across it. Stupid sod forgot that the stand side linesman was right next to his left hand post and brought the referee's attention to his misdemeanour and rightly deserved his booking. His gamesmanship though did the trick as Steven Wilson missed the resulting penalty.

At half time, Semple comes out a good five minutes before everyone else with someone from the Cumnock coaching staff and gets him to start kicking balls at him in the goalmouth, which is already cutting up due to the ehavy rain the night before and during the match itself. This was very deliberate and he was jumping up and down in the area making the playing surface worse (he has a history of defacing the goal area at this particular end) and had to be told by a Talbot committee man to move elsewhere. This doesn't reflect well either on the new manager's tenure as his coach was fully compliant with what was going on.

In the end Cumnock couldn't hold on to a 3-1 lead and Semple was awful between the sticks and conceded three goals in in the last twenty five minutes.

I have no issue with any player who wants to have a bit of banter with the home crowd, but when that crosses over into sheer stupidity you have to question his commitment to the club concerned. I think it's fair to say that Semple took quite a few justifiable verbal pelters from the Talbot fans as the game drew to a close.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whenever Mr Semple plays at Beechwood he likes nothing better than a bit of Bot fan baiting, and I think most fans appreciate his stupidity. Halfway through the first half there was an innocuous challenge on a Glens player near their box, Semple comes rushing out and deliberately gets the Talbot player booked by making repeated studs up kicking motions with his legs in front of the referee. This went on for two or three minutes until the referee succumbed to it all and booked the Talbot player.
With his team leading 2-0, Talbot got a penalty (looked soft from where I was but will await the film evidence) As the referee walks away to talk to someone Semple comes out of his goal and starts to rough up the penalty spot by kicking and dragging his foot across it. Stupid sod forgot that the stand side linesman was right next to his left hand post and brought the referee's attention to his misdemeanour and rightly deserved his booking. His gamesmanship though did the trick as Steven Wilson missed the resulting penalty.
At half time, Semple comes out a good five minutes before everyone else with someone from the Cumnock coaching staff and gets him to start kicking balls at him in the goalmouth, which is already cutting up due to the ehavy rain the night before and during the match itself. This was very deliberate and he was jumping up and down in the area making the playing surface worse (he has a history of defacing the goal area at this particular end) and had to be told by a Talbot committee man to move elsewhere. This doesn't reflect well either on the new manager's tenure as his coach was fully compliant with what was going on.
In the end Cumnock couldn't hold on to a 3-1 lead and Semple was awful between the sticks and conceded three goals in in the last twenty five minutes.
I have no issue with any player who wants to have a bit of banter with the home crowd, but when that crosses over into sheer stupidity you have to question his commitment to the club concerned. I think it's fair to say that Semple took quite a few justifiable verbal pelters from the Talbot fans as the game drew to a close.
Glens playing cumnock today?

12 minutes ago, TFW said:

Boo hoo big bad ally semple stuck his studs in the ground 

Away tae yer bed 

53 minutes ago, TFW said:

Looks like Semple not the only one to put his foot in it then.

Could the member of coaching staff have been Billy Bently ?

What TFW's post doesn't make clear is he did this in the goalmouth that the Talbot subs were using to warm up in. He had the full other half of the park to use that the Cumnock subs were warming up in. He was disrupting the Talbot subs warm up.

Some bad sportsmanship by Cumnock today. If that's Burns managerial style I am glad he won't last a year same as every other manager.

What do they do in training if players are going down with cramp after 60 minutes

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

What TFW's post doesn't make clear is he did this in the goalmouth that the Talbot subs were using to warm up in. He had the full other half of the park to use that the Cumnock subs were warming up in. He was disrupting the Talbot subs warm up.

Some bad sportsmanship by Cumnock today. If that's Burns managerial style I am glad he won't last a year same as every other manager.

What do they do in training if players are going down with cramp after 60 minutes

Shocking behaviour 

Make sure and report the incident to the police if it happens again 

2 hours ago, TFW said:

This is probably one of the most stupid posts I’ve ever read on here, you sir are an absolute fud.

Jeezo this is as embarassing a post as I have ever read on here.  Be happy with your win and put the pettiness to one side.  We could have a moan about many a Talbot player today but we won't, we will take it on the chin and get on with things.

You really need to stop letting Cumnock get to you.

Bore off!!!

As a life long Talbot fan I definetly see Ally Simple as the pantomime villain. Don't like him impersonating a rutting Stag gouging the pitch up but he does make me laugh. There has been a long line of pantomime villains in both Talbot and Cumnock squads over the years. 

Ally is just keeping the tradition alive !

Absolute buffoon of a person, but as said a pantomime villian. One of the trampoline stealers hit the nail on the head when he said big bad Ally Semple stuck his studs in the ground because he was rooted to the spot for the last few goals. What should be concerning Talbot is how we lost three goals to one of the worst teams in the league.

Ooft. Took this game in today and it's always interesting going to a game as a neutral as you see how biased fans really are. These posts being a good example.

A few points in response of the first post:-

- he did come needlessly running out his box but do you genuinely believe that's the reason the Talbot player was booked?

- the Talbot penalty was a challenge outside the box for a start and I'm not sure it was even a foul. He got booked for, I assume, dragging his feet on the spot. If that's the reason your player missed the penalty I suggest you get a new taker.

- he came out early and was jumping up and down waiting for the coach to kick the ball. That's what every goalkeeper in the world does. It's classed as "keeping on your toes". If you can tell me what benefit he would get from churning up his own goalmouth I'd love to hear it. It would only make his life more difficult. And to respond to the second poster's post, the Auchinleck subs were warming up near there. If they are just passing it around there is no need to be near the goals.

FWIW I thought he was the better of the two goalkeepers. He made a cracking save in the first half and couldn't really be faulted for the goals.

It was a great advert for that league. Plenty of action and goals. Thought Cumnock deserved at least a point. Auchinleck offered nothing going forward if you exclude crosses/corners. Are Talbot just good at corners or are Cumnock really poor at defending them? Good effort from Talbot to keep going though even as a neutral I felt for Cumnock.

From a gambling point of view if Ayr -3 are around 5/1, I'll be lumping on it [emoji6]

19 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Absolute buffoon of a person, but as said a pantomime villian. One of the trampoline stealers hit the nail on the head when he said big bad Ally Semple stuck his studs in the ground because he was rooted to the spot for the last few goals. What should be concerning Talbot is how we lost three goals to one of the worst teams in the league.

FUD number 2 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ooft. Took this game in today and it's always interesting going to a game as a neutral as you see how biased fans really are. These posts being a good example.

A few points in response of the first post:-

- he did come needlessly running out his box but do you genuinely believe that's the reason the Talbot player was booked?

- the Talbot penalty was a challenge outside the box for a start and I'm not sure it was even a foul, it was also 2-1 at the time. He got booked for, I assume, dragging his feet on the spot. If that's the reason your player missed the penalty I suggest you get a new taker.

- he came out early and was jumping up and down waiting for the coach to kick the ball. That's what every goalkeeper in the world does. It's classed as "keeping on your toes". If you can tell me what benefit he would get from churning up his own goalmouth I'd love to hear it. It would only make his life more difficult. And to respond to the second poster's post, the Auchinleck subs were warming up near there. If they are just passing it around there is no need to be near the goals.

FWIW I thought he was the better of the two goalkeepers. He made a cracking save in the first half and couldn't really be faulted for the goals.

It was a great advert for that league. Plenty of action and goals. Thought Cumnock deserved at least a point. Auchinleck offered nothing going forward if you exclude crosses/corners. Are Talbot just good at corners or are Cumnock really poor at defending them? Good effort from Talbot to keep going though even as a neutral I felt for Cumnock.

From a gambling point of view if Ayr -3 are around 5/1, I'll be lumping on it ;)

Watch the video and see if you think its a penalty

Watch the video and see if you think its a penalty
It was at 2-0 and not 2-1 as I thought.

It was a foul but as I thought at the time it wasn't in the box. The save was justice for a poor decision by the ref.

Archived