Rovers v East Fife - Christmas spectacular

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24 December 2018 at 09:44, georgeb25354 said:

Is it all-ticket? Can't see any details on the website.

Just be happy if it goes ahead....... Lunch and transport booked...... Again!

image.jpeg

57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

"We're still a massive scalp for East Fife FC so we need to be prepared for that" - Raith Rovers FC boss John McGlynn previews tomorrow's Fife derby.

image.gif

Good to see Ad Lib is helping out at the Rovers.

We strongly advise fans to ARRIVE EARLY for tomorrow's game as we are expecting a big crowd. Tickets for the Dunfermline Scottish Cup fixture will be on sale at the main office, but only up until 2.15pm.

No idea what to make of the game tomorrow. In theory, the win over Arbroath should give us confidence but it’s a derby game and after the win against us last time out, the malaise that accompanied EF going into this fixture has gone.

In the context of any kind of title race we probably have to win though. There is absolutely no point in beating Arbroath to then drop points here. That said, its about making ground so if we were to draw and Arbroath get beat then it’s a good days work I guess.

I’d expect a crowd of over 2k. East Fife would likely bring 500 odd, and I think that following Saturdays results and coupled with the fact that it’s a festive fixture we should be able to touch 2k home fans worst case.

16 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Woosh I think you're playing your team's chances down there a bit Scottydog. I think you'll keep it down to something less than a mauling in my humble opinion but then what do I know?

Well after that comment, at a rough guess?

I'd confidently say less than F**k all.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

What constitutes a ‘big crowd’. We’ll be lucky to hit 2k imo.

A lot of punters over 6 foot tall?

3k minimum. EF are doing well enough to get a few hundred through. A lot of people will be back in Kdy for Xmas. If the weather is like it was today should manage 3000. 

We’ve just beaten the league leaders away. Expectations have been raised. That always ends well for us.

OF game beforehand and Liverpool v Arsenal after should see folk making a day of it.

As always, i’m hoping for an entertaining encounter with a few goals and preferably 3 points for the good guys (good guys don’t wear black).

3-2 Rovers.

Attendance of 5,000 as the Rovers masses briefly put away their selection boxes/Quality Street, remove their baffies and head to the San Starko to pay homage to McGlynn the saviour, as he prepares us for glory.

Archived