Rovers v East Fife - Christmas spectacular

Gosh just watched a bit of the game back there & my recollection of our second goal was nothing like the reality! Great finish though! And what a spot by Sparky for the first goal. Apparently there is a problem with GoPro files for the latter part of the first half due to operator error (me!) apologies in advance

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I suspect you know this already but I’ll say it anyway. Beating the old firm in any cup final is extremely difficult, to achieve that against them both is a superb effort that only three teams have managed. Hearts, Aberdeen and the Rovers.

But tbf, Hearts and Aberdeen beat Rangers when they were a Title winning Premier League Team not a middling Championship side which is why the were competing in the Challenge Cup in the first place, the top Teams in Scotland don't play in it!!!

And if I was really wanting to twist the knife I would say that you didn't beat Celtic, you drew with them and then won a kickie-in competition with them to claim the cup, but it's Christmas time and that wouldn't be nice, so I won't!!!

f**k, now that you put it like that, you’ve really taken the gloss off our League Cup win there.

It's ok, we've got three of them, you can have one of ours!!!

No, no you can't!!!

32 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Just watched John McGlynn’s interview. Brought a bigger smile to my already smug face. emoji1.png

I just watched both his pre-match and post-match interviews and eh......................................... he's no the brightest, is he?  Having said that, he fits in well at Starks Park. :lol:

1 hour ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I suspect you know this already but I’ll say it anyway. Beating the old firm in any cup final is extremely difficult, to achieve that against them both is a superb effort that only three teams have managed. Hearts, Aberdeen and the Rovers.

Not saying it isn't... at all.

19 minutes ago, RioRab said:

I just watched both his pre-match and post-match interviews and eh......................................... he's no the brightest, is he?  Having said that, he fits in well at Starks Park. :lol:

In fact..... he is a shining light along there, which admittedly, isnae very hard to be right enough.  :geek

59 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

It's ok, we've got three of them, you can have one of ours!!!

No they can NOT have any more of our belongings. 

1) Stole manager that effectively made them the raith rovers and is now back in the same league as both of us for someone else :shutup

2) they've had enough players of us that probably stretches far back as buying a certain young Mr. Paul McManus.

3) they probably still missed the opportunity twice aswell and still appoint a former manager from their recent memory to make a complete ass of things

4) Give them nothing and gain yourself !!!!!!

We aint a dominant force yet with two derby wins but if a ROVERS fan still thinks they see Dunfermline as a derby well this maybe the start of a certain AND once William Gray waving a east fife item and i feel this derby has cranked up to +2...if you didn't feel that buzz in your stadium you might aswell take a walk to standing stane rd and look for yourself :lol: 

On 28/12/2018 at 22:18, Scottydog said:

Even if he does I still think an early goal for us and we will run riot.

On 26/12/2018 at 21:38, Scary Bear said:

We will pump these complacent  Leven diddies. Put their flukey last minute win to bed and put them back in their box for another 30 years.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Dreadful. I hate football.

11 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Well, that, was fucking dreadful.

11 hours ago, pub car king said:

This season can take itself to f**k 

JohnMcG-Beer-800x568.jpg

The posts on this thread from some Rovers fans could be used by the Tory party as an example of why people shouldn't be trusted on the Internet.

You see some people get a wee bit emotional, and duly chastised for it. The fanboys are quick to jump down their throats and make fun of them for expressing their thoughts. It’s as if they greenie each other for their progressive rhetoric against said emotional types, me included. One persons perspective of games shatters the illusions or delusions of the fanboy support. So they use every tool in their arsenal to send vitriolic messages and bask in the greenies of acceptance. There is nothing wrong with being a little upset and voicing your opinion. Ok sometimes it isn’t called for. But some of the responses from the happy clappers is micro aggression at its best.

How funny football is and how remarkable things change not so long ago Young was P...h! get rid of him ! I’m not going back! Now he’s Jurgen Klopp why? because you beat the Rovers again but yet you all claim we aren’t a big scalp. 

In terms of banter etc fair play there’s nothing better than beating your rivals on there own patch however nothing has been decided until May the Rovers could easily free fall out of the play offs or vice verse the same could happen to East Fife but your season isn’t defined on beating Raith Rovers 4 times in a season. Personally IMO the league was lost weeks ago and now we just have to hang on in there for a play off spot which we will lose anyway going by Previous form, where do East Fife fans see where they will finish in the league? and do you think you will get promoted through the play offs

28 minutes ago, basher brash said:

How funny football is and how remarkable things change not so long ago Young was P...h! get rid of him ! I’m not going back! Now he’s Jurgen Klopp why? because you beat the Rovers again but yet you all claim we aren’t a big scalp. 

In terms of banter etc fair play there’s nothing better than beating your rivals on there own patch however nothing has been decided until May the Rovers could easily free fall out of the play offs or vice verse the same could happen to East Fife but your season isn’t defined on beating Raith Rovers 4 times in a season. Personally IMO the league was lost weeks ago and now we just have to hang on in there for a play off spot which we will lose anyway going by Previous form, where do East Fife fans see where they will finish in the league? and do you think you will get promoted through the play offs

Come on Basher Brash let's be realistic here. Not everyone was calling Darren Young p..h, there were supporters who were willing to give him a chance with a team with his choice of players and it's working out quite well. There are some Rovers supporters already having a go at McGlynn saying things are not much better than under Smith. Although it is great to beat the Rovers it's not the b all and end all that you make out. The fact that we are comfortably third in in the league and still in 2 cups at this stage in the season is definitely down to Young's management. The play offs would be great for us but cannot see us anywhere near promotion.  We have recently come off a bad patch  so we are realistic that this can happen anytime in football. .Can't really see Raith plummeting down the league and I would expect them to be in the play offs, for us as I said it would be a big bonus.

I genuinely thought we would get a hiding yday after Raith's impressive win at Gayfield! To a man, we were excellent and well worth the win! Raith were poor, for a FT team on bigger wages playing at home I expected so much more from them and I can understand their fans frustrations. JM interview has made this win even better, what game was that fat clown watching, slavering wreck o a man, should have stayed at Celtic lawd! Well done DY, tactics and team selection can be baffling at times but he nailed it yday. Our supporters were excellent too, great day and a well deserved 3 points. Airdrie at home should provide a tougher test for us. Mon the Fife

I thought East Fife looked a decent side. You can see why they are in the mix at the top of the league. Much better than they were last season.

I would say good luck for the rest of the season, but realistically that could mean pumping us in the play-off semi-finals, so I won’t say that.

Archived