Rovers v East Fife - Christmas spectacular

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Are you seriously counting the Challenge Cup???

A cup that the top one quarter of the Clubs in the SPFL don't compete in???

image.jpeg

The same cup you lads were getting all excited about?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On a serious note, very professional performance from us today. No failures. We stopped Rovers being able to get through or behind our defence, where they can be dangerous so they were stuck with long balls through the middle, which Dunlop and Meggatt dealt with easily, or going wide. Flanagan never really had an end product and we marked Armstrong very well, doubling up on him when we needed to.
Controlled the midfield and Currie and Dowds did really well to press the creaky Rovers defence.
Three wins on the bounce after a little wobble and we've cemented our place in the top 4 going into the new year. Excellent.

Agreed truly outstanding result. Excellent effort by each and every player-great to have Meggatt back and for us to play 2 upfront - we just look so comfortable playing that formation.

Special mention though to the fans - created a great atmosphere- well done Darren and the management team , a great end to the year.

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

"Are" mate, not "were", we're still in it!!!

And even if we have the good fortune to win it, it'll be nice and it'll go up on the Board, but it won't be held in the same regard or esteem as winning the Scottish Cup or League Cup (3 times)!!!

17 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

"Are" mate, not "were", we're still in it!!!

And even if we have the good fortune to win it, it'll be nice and it'll go up on the Board, but it won't be held in the same regard or esteem as winning the Scottish Cup or League Cup (3 times)!!!

Still wanting your manager fired? 

Well today showed why we aren't in a title race. The mentality of that squad just isn't there. 

Again, alot of today was down to East Fife. Pressed us high forcing us to either play a long ball or pass it between a defence who aren't confident in their keeper or themselves. Nisbet and Armstrong were marked very very well, leaving players free who posed no threat at all. Added to that they broke at pace and recognised our huge weakness at the back. Excellent tactics from Young. 

Awful from us though. Surely Mckay has to come in at Centre back now and there needs to be a change of keeper. The defence and keeper have been at each other for weeks, there is no confidence there at all. 

I'm a big Mcglynn fan, but the stats under his tenure make awful reading. 

Why is it always when the Rovers lose it is because they were really poor that day ? How about looking at games more objectively ? Why were they poor ? Could it maybe have something to do with the opposition getting their game plan, tactics and formation spot on which prevents the Rovers from dictating the game and playing to their strengths ?
The three derbies this season, Darren Young has got his team selection and game plans spot on and as a result we have taken 7 points from 9. Dunlop and Meggatt were excellent today and limited Buchanan and Nisbett chances.

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Is that a general question or is it specifically aimed at me???

When I quote you, it’s specifically aimed at you. I thought that was obvious, but apparently not.

!!!

52 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We're excited mostly about a wee trip to Dublin. It'd be fantastic to win it, clearly, I'm sure we'd be going mental if we did. As already said though, wouldn't be in the same class of achievement as a major trophy win.

When I quote you, it’s specifically aimed at you. I thought that was obvious, but apparently not.
!!!

Well seeing as you're such an expert on quotes perhaps you could go and find one where I have ever said I want DY to be sacked!!!
Go on, off you go!!!

Why is it always when the Rovers lose it is because they were really poor that day ? How about looking at games more objectively ? Why were they poor ? Could it maybe have something to do with the opposition getting their game plan, tactics and formation spot on which prevents the Rovers from dictating the game and playing to their strengths ?
The three derbies this season, Darren Young has got his team selection and game plans spot on and as a result we have taken 7 points from 9. Dunlop and Meggatt were excellent today and limited Buchanan and Nisbett chances.

We were really poor by all accounts, even the normally positive commentators on the audio feed were struggling to get up for it after we conceded the second. We were certainly poor in comparison to last week.

7 points from 9 says it all, you’ve got us sussed this season, no doubt about that. I doubt you’ll find a Rovers fan who’d say any different tbh.

Enjoy your night.

We're excited mostly about a wee trip to Dublin. It'd be fantastic to win it, clearly, I'm sure we'd be going mental if we did. As already said though, wouldn't be in the same class of achievement as a major trophy win.

I suspect you know this already but I’ll say it anyway. Beating the old firm in any cup final is extremely difficult, to achieve that against them both is a superb effort that only three teams have managed. Hearts, Aberdeen and the Rovers.

8 minutes ago, Wullie McNaught said:

I suspect you know this already but I’ll say it anyway. Beating the old firm in any cup final is extremely difficult, to achieve that against them both is a superb effort that only three teams have managed. Hearts, Aberdeen and the Rovers.

Ah but you didn't beat the Fife along the way so that doesn't count. and we won 2-1 today and that does count. So tra-la-la-la...

See you in the play-offs. Good night

DSC_0252.JPG

Archived