Glenafton Cambuslang

WhoAteAllTheDepays

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As highlighted by Mr O’Donnell’s wonderful piece of insightful journalism - it’s absolutely ridiculous the way this lovely wee guy is persecuted at every turn. Everyone should really hang their heads in shame

It’s really a heart breaking tale.

Bring a tear to your eye.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3671648/paul-mccoll-cambuslang-rangers-glasgow/

GUN victim footie boss Paul McColl has accused match officials of unfairly targeting his team since he was shot.

The Cambuslang Rangers gaffer spoke out after he was suspended by club chiefs following an attack on a referee during a game.

Paul McColl claims refs are targeting Cambuslang players
As cops continued to probe the incident, McColl, 49 — who was blasted in the town near Glasgow in February — said: “I wear my heart on my sleeve for Cambuslang Rangers.

“We, as a club, appear to be treated differently to other West Region clubs this season and I would like to know why.

“It’s been well publicised how I was shot in the face away from football yet when we played Beith and I grappled with a fan who came over the wall to get at me, I was fined — really?”

McColl also questioned a six-game ban for throwing the ball on to the park.

And he claimed he was sent packing in a tie for bad language despite “only asking the linesman to get the referee to talk to me”.

We told how ref Calum Scott, 29 — a cop — was assaulted after giving a penalty to Gers’ junior league rivals Glenafton Athletic in New Cumnock, Ayrshire, last weekend.

Police said they have “a positive line of inquiry”.

McColl was suspended by club chiefs on Monday

:shutup :whistle

29 minutes ago, Brooklyn said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3671648/paul-mccoll-cambuslang-rangers-glasgow/

GUN victim footie boss Paul McColl has accused match officials of unfairly targeting his team since he was shot.

The Cambuslang Rangers gaffer spoke out after he was suspended by club chiefs following an attack on a referee during a game.

As cops continued to probe the incident, McColl, 49 — who was blasted in the town near Glasgow in February — said: “I wear my heart on my sleeve for Cambuslang Rangers.

“We, as a club, appear to be treated differently to other West Region clubs this season and I would like to know why.

“It’s been well publicised how I was shot in the face away from football yet when we played Beith and I grappled with a fan who came over the wall to get at me, I was fined — really?”

And he claimed he was sent packing in a tie for bad language despite “only asking the linesman to get the referee to talk to me”.

We told how ref Calum Scott, 29 — a cop — was assaulted after giving a penalty to Gers’ junior league rivals Glenafton Athletic in New Cumnock, Ayrshire, last weekend.

He forgot to mention that he ran to the shed behind the away dugout to get at the Beith fan first    The guy he was after obviously shouted something at him when Beith scored The guy he was after must be old enough to have a bus pass though you would not think it the way he scaled the barrier!

The statement by Cambuslang doesn't say that he has been suspended.

Archived