Glenafton Cambuslang

WhoAteAllTheDepays

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guy with a Glens hat at Beechwood was on the phone to someone passing by and heard "well getting chucked out the league" it didn't make much sense at the time then saw this thread 

That was the fella that spoke to me as well ( I think) , never mentioned anything about knives/stabbing etc, but, did say the Lang gaffer did threaten to shoot the ref and that was really all that he said.

There does seem to be a regular undercurrent of nasty stuff being said against Cambuslang. , although not all of the set up there , just certain individuals in the coaching / playing staff

That was the fella that spoke to me as well ( I think) , never mentioned anything about knives/stabbing etc, but, did say the Lang gaffer did threaten to shoot the ref and that was really all that he said.

There does seem to be a regular undercurrent of nasty stuff being said against Cambuslang. , although not all of the set up there , just certain individuals in the coaching / playing staff

He was punched and headbutted, no stabbing.

2 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Aye ok, so he's getting it tight  from all angles you said, he's been  threatened, and hes to shoulder the blame? The players sound like a fucking gang not a football team, not the first time, he's obviously made a couple of bad decisions by the sound of it, but doesn't excuse the behaviour of these people

No referee should come home stabbed imo.

Incident happened at Port Glasgow v Perthshire last year, with Port winning 2-1 ref abandoned the game. Police involved, Perthshire manager found guilty of assault . No action taken by West Region apart from saying game needed to be replayed. Anyone think they will do the same here ?

I've been going to junior football as a neutral for many years, the way that "fans" speak to referees and players is Draconian and would not be accepted in any other walk of life. I stopped taking my son as a youngster as the language was vile. Every week there must be 100s of criminal offences take place on the sidelines and hopefully these shocking scenes will make junior football have a look at its self although I expect not, it's only banter !!!

You are one sad individual !

MAN ASSAULTED - NEW CUMNOCK

Around 2.40pm on Saturday 22 December 2018, police were called after a 29 year old man was assaulted during a football match between Glenathlon Athletic Juniors and Cambuslang Rangers at Loch Park Castle, New Cumnock.

Officers attended and the man did not require hospital treatment.

Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances surrounding the incident.

Archived