Todays scores 22/12

GNU_Linux

1 hour ago, pheasant plucker said:

Def a Carlsberg day for Talbot yesterday. I’m sure Bookie’s won’t be offering any ‘outside bets’ on them winning the League. I now see them as favourites with the other fancied sides currently losing their way.
Talbot are undoubtedly the comeback kings in a contest. They could possibly hit a slump when they go out the big Scottish as Junior sides often do ( If they go out emoji846.png). Need to wait and see but no other sides seem to have any momentum at the moment apart from Meadow

Doubt we’ll be winning the league but we’ll give it a go.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pheasant plucker said:

Def a Carlsberg day for Talbot yesterday. I’m sure Bookie’s won’t be offering any ‘outside bets’ on them winning the League. I now see them as favourites with the other fancied sides currently losing their way.
Talbot are undoubtedly the comeback kings in a contest. They could possibly hit a slump when they go out the big Scottish as Junior sides often do ( If they go out emoji846.png). Need to wait and see but no other sides seem to have any momentum at the moment apart from Meadow

It’s an interesting point about the effect of exiting the senior Scottish. 

Quite often puts a junior side in the doldrums for a spell. Couple of years ago did Lithgae not get pumped out of the Junior cup to lower league opposition the week after doing really well against Ross County? 

It’s an interesting point about the effect of exiting the senior Scottish. 

Quite often puts a junior side in the doldrums for a spell. Couple of years ago did Lithgae not get pumped out of the Junior cup to lower league opposition the week after doing really well against Ross County? 

Linlithgow lose to Irvine Meadow 2-0 in a replay @Meadow Park (first game @Prestonfield was 1-1). This was the 2015-2016 season & Medda were in the Premier that season finishing bottom.

18 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Linlithgow lose to Irvine Meadow 2-0 in a replay @Meadow Park (first game @Prestonfield was 1-1). This was the 2015-2016 season & Medda were in the Premier that season finishing bottom.

Incorrect, they beat us 2-0 at Meadow Park.

Incorrect, they beat us 2-0 at Meadow Park.
My bad. Linlithgow lost to Kilwinning 4-1@ Abbey Park in the following round. Kilwinning were in the 2nd tier and got promoted after beating Shettletson in a relegation playoff.

Think it will more likely be a backlog of games which will cause a Talbot “slump. Even after the last two results, I still think it’s a tall order to win the league. If they do, it will rank as one of the club’s best ever achievements...and that’s saying a lot!

Think it will more likely be a backlog of games which will cause a Talbot “slump. Even after the last two results, I still think it’s a tall order to win the league. If they do, it will rank as one of the club’s best ever achievements...and that’s saying a lot!

If Talbot drop points and don’t win the league I wouldn’t put it down to a backlog of games, I would say it’s just there are a lot of teams at a similar level and on their day they can beat anyone.

Talbot still have to travel to Beith, Kilwinning, Cumnock, on form Meadow, Bankies and Glenafton

That is a hard group of fixtures on the road in the second half of the season.

On top of that Hurlford will look for revenge at home and Pollok last year won at Beachwood when Talbot had everything to play for

I think on paper Hurlford have a easier second half of season but 1 point from 9 shows they can and will drop points.

Plenty to play for with Ford, Talbot and probably Beith up there too with no Scottish games to play, who ever wins it will do so as they got the most points in A very difficult league not because of others slumps.

Archived