Womens U19s

HibeeJibee

Was at the Spain v Belgium game at Forthbank (Stirling Albion season ticket holders get in for free).
Spain looked quite good, Belgium gave them too much respect for the first 30 minutes but gradually got into the game nearly scoring just before halt time.
Spain got a penalty early in the second half and the game was practically done. Header from a corner made it 2-0 to Spain and a third was chopped off by the ref (the Lino was no help)

Friday Is Spain v England so I will head on over again.

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Watched the first half on my way home -  Norway were a complete car-crash at the back. 4-0 halftime, ended 5-0.

I'd like to think Scotland could get some change out of them, which probably means they'll comfortably beat us .

Yeah absolute car crash start and 2-0 down in 5 minutes, but I felt they settled into it somewhat and improve without really troubling the Dutch. Another two rapid goals, this time in the five minutes before half-time removed all doubt though.

Second half they seemed to bring on some bigger players and were on more of an even keel physically with the Dutch but truth be told they just weren’t in the same class. You’d like to think Scotland can get something off them on Friday but it’s difficult to judge having only seen two teams so far. Likewise the Dutch would seem amongst the favourites going on that display but how they match up to the Germans/Spanish etc is anybody’s guess. 

Disappointing crowd of 145 announced. Largely made up of two groups of colourfully dressed (and cowbell ringing, in the case of the Norse) what I guess were relatives!  

Good to hear there seemed to be more for the Scotland game.

Edited by Christophe

1 hour ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Was at the Spain v Belgium game at Forthbank

Friday Is Spain v England so I will head on over again.

How busy was it? 

I'm in the area on Friday so will be taking in the Eng-Spain game too

Scotland crowd was announced as 1,285, the main stand was really busy, and I actually expected a slightly higher number.

France were the better team, but it was still a bummer to lose to such a late goal. Jamie Lee Napier is our best player by an absolute mile, everything positive about our performance went through her.

Scotland vs. Norway tonight. 6.15pm at Firhill.

I'm looking forward to it after Tuesdays game and battling performance. I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about Norway, but hoping that they aren't the same level as France (dangerous assumption to make).

That's gutting. Serves me right for expecting a Scottish victory. Never learn!

Quite enjoyed Spain's 1-0 win over England. Other than the slow pace and ball repeatedly going out of play, it was quite interesting to see the contrasting styles which were pretty much mirror images of their men's teams - England with a couple of strong, fast, skillful players but not much else, getting outsmarted by a team who were far superior technically and kept the ball really well.

Spain through, England out.

On 19/07/2019 at 19:05, Craig the Hunter said:

Make that 4-0. Bit of a shambles

I was at the game, and it must be probably one of the worst performances I've every seen by a team from Scotland. From playing some good, flowing football against France, it looked like the manager had went, "it's raining, lets lump the long ball".  It was shocking. After 5mins, it was clear that we didn't have any presence up front to do that, and the wingers were ably matched by Norways fullbacks. Some individual performances from Scottish players didn't help, but Norway were just better all over the pitch.

Norway were technically very good, and were well worth their lead at half-time.

We player slightly better second half, and only really had one decent opportunity, which came from some nice passing movement, but apart from than it was rotten. 

I expect Scotland to be ripped apart by the Netherlands tonight.