Womens U19s

HibeeJibee

While surfing about Wikipedia just now I reminded myself Scotland hosts the U19s Womens Euros in July.

Has there been any news on venues, and will it be 'proper' stadiums or just non-league and SWPL grounds?

Groupstage (2 groups of 4) on Tue 16th, Fri 19th and Mon 22nd July; with SFs on Thu 25th and Final + 3rd/4th on Sun 28th - so the period if not the all days clash with League Cup groupstage and CL/EL.

On 22/12/2018 at 00:05, HibeeJibee said:

While surfing about Wikipedia just now I reminded myself Scotland hosts the U19s Womens Euros in July.

Has there been any news on venues, and will it be 'proper' stadiums or just non-league and SWPL grounds?

Groupstage (2 groups of 4) on Tue 16th, Fri 19th and Mon 22nd July; with SFs on Thu 25th and Final + 3rd/4th on Sun 28th - so the period if not the all days clash with League Cup groupstage and CL/EL.

I've not seen anything about venues and the wiki pages have seemed pretty good, whoever's updating them has been pretty quick. 

Last year they got some decent attendances in Northern Ireland for the tournament, certainly too big for the Oriam 3G/Ainslie Park combo used for the Champions League group stage this season, so hopefully they'll choose places with reasonable facilities.

Pretty sure East End Park is one of the venues. It was mentioned at a fans event, where I'm also sure it was mentioned UEFA are paying for the installation of a scoreboard.

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
On 22/12/2018 at 00:05, HibeeJibee said:

Pretty sure East End Park is one of the venues. It was mentioned at a fans event, where I'm also sure it was mentioned UEFA are paying for the installation of a scoreboard.

That would be ideal. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 20:52, Craig the Hunter said:

They used St Mirren Park, Firhill, East End Park and McDiarmid Park for the preparatory tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those four used

Those are the 4 getting used for the Finals in the summer. 

• 2 months later...
On 09/01/2019 at 17:23, RWcoach said:

Those are the 4 getting used for the Finals in the summer. 

On 24/12/2018 at 20:52, Craig the Hunter said:

They used St Mirren Park, Firhill, East End Park and McDiarmid Park for the preparatory tournament, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those four used

St Mirren, Firhill and McDiarmid confirmed as venues today, but Forthbank got the nod ahead of East End Park. Details: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/uefa-womens-under-19s-european-championship-officially-launched/?rid=13925

Matches will be played 16-28 July.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 00:43, HibeeJibee said:

Per my original post - does anyone know how this will affect these clubs using their stadiums during the League Cup groupstage?

Dates don't really clash. Group games are being played on Tuesday 16th, Friday 19th and Monday 22nd. Semi finals on Thursday 25th and the final on Sunday 28th. i.e. no games on a Saturday. Only dates that might clash are the games on Tuesday 16th?

On 22/05/2019 at 17:40, HibeeJibee said:

Aye but do organisations like FIFA & UEFA not often insist on sole use of arenas, pitch protection, special branding, etc.?

Dunfermline were meant to be hosting with UEFA paying us to install a score board in the ground but I think they pulled the plug on that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Betfred Cup tonight clashes with the Scotland opener so just away to nip through and take in Norway vs Netherlands at Firhill before the Warriors game. Not sure what kind of crowd to expect, will report back! 

Edited by Christophe

3 hours ago, Christophe said:

Betfred Cup tonight clashes with the Scotland opener so just away to nip through and take in Norway vs Netherlands at Firhill before the Warriors game. Not sure what kind of crowd to expect, will report back! 

Watched the first half on my way home -  Norway were a complete car-crash at the back. 4-0 halftime, ended 5-0.

I'd like to think Scotland could get some change out of them, which probably means they'll comfortably beat us .

Scotland looked second best for much of the game but in the end almost sneaked a win, yet of course the French went up the park and nicked a winner ☹️

Good turnout though on a nice night, the stand was rammed.

A couple of standouts for Scotland, the lassie Napier from Hibs looks like a star in the making. 

And the Slovak officials were well worth the 2 quid entry 😉

Edited by Lurkst