QP v Elgin

an86

Could copy and paste from every other pre-match post. Most teams can beat each other and it's really down to who turns up on the day. Similar performance to the Stirling game and we won't be far away. Obviously, we're struggling a bit for bodies the back but young Lewis has looked decent. Interested to see who lines up with him. 

Let's get one thing of my chest. Roberts does not know how to set up a team.  Embarrassing home defeat. The manager really needs to change things especially in the midfield area. Up front we are so one dimensional and East and Moore as we have seen are impact players not regular starters. Somebody please pick me up as I am now having a miserable Christmas.  We need to be made hard to beat. That's what we need in this league. It is not a league you can play football properly. That's just the way the league is. 

The first few games when Roberts took over were great entertaining football and pressing the other team all over the park . Today was terrible I know we were missing some players but we never looked like scoring and the heads went down after 1st goal . Hopefully we can look forward to a better performance next week.

We were handicapped from the start due to suspensions for stupid reasons. We then lost our main striker to defence and he gets injured. Our strike force was non existent. One unfit experienced player and two young boys who are not yet ready for first team starts. Personally I would have had Osadolar in the starting line up. He has experience and ball control to compose the final pass. I thought some of our lead up play was not bad but composure and final pass were just not there. I thought Magee was good but it is unfair to criticise such a makeshift defence. It was good to see Kindlan get some game time albeit out of position. Jamie started off playing football but then slumped into the punt. Game to forget and move on to a stunning victory next week.

Oh, I thought Elgin were well organised and their third goal deserved a bigger occasion.

Settle down lads. At least 2, possibly 3 of those goals wouldn't have happened had McLaughlin/McLaren/Gibson (delete as appropriate) been playing. All the goals were very well taken and of a similar quality to Raith Rovers. Credit to the Elgin strike force is due.

The frontline is a worry though. If Hawke leaves us we've no punch up front. Martin had a number of decent attempts at crosses but no takers. East and Moore again offered little although to be fair to Moore he's not built to be the point man. Lots of good effort as always but again there was a man-against-boys feel about it all.

I'm not convinced at all that Gow will be part of the solution. Today he was part of the problem, persistently wildly shooting when better passing options were available. Mark said he brought in "Gowzer" for experience. Teaching youngsters how to be selfish and wasteful surely isn't what they need.

Hope Lewis is on the mend soon. More than a little ironic he's been battered all season playing up front and gets a KO when helping in defence.

I don't mind getting a doing from a much better team, but I'm sure Elgin couldn't believe how easy that was. Their final ball and finishing was excellent, but we looked lost at the back and only have ourselves to blame.

The point has been made about daft bookings and hopefully we've learned from that. Mind you, Elgin had three booked when 4.0 up; you sometimes wonder how daft footballers can be.

Missing the penalty was the icing on the shitty tasting cake.

Craig Beattie looked as if he'd had a couple of Christmas dinners before he came on the park....but he won't have an easier day.

What was that fud (no. 4) up to with his carry on when he was subbed? Refs need to be a wee bit more proactive with stuff like this.

A bad day all round, particularly sitting through it with a stinkin' hangover.

Roll on next week.

What was that fud (no. 4) up to with his carry on when he was subbed? Refs need to be a wee bit more proactive with stuff like this.

Tactics. Both that one and the first sub, the Elgin coach told the players involved to sit down and at the same time told the physio to get on the field. Why? So the oncoming sub could get ready. Both who got subbed walked off, unattended and straight into the dugout. Another tragic example of lower league coaches trying to be "professional".

Archived