Cowdenbeath v Edinburgh City

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Think your missing the point.

now that your in the spfl, are Edinburgh going to make any attempt to build a fan base and be a useful part of their local community or do you support just being a football team. If so, how is that an improvement for Scottish football ? It’s not me that is promoting Scottish Footballs social impact, it’s the SFA and the Scottish government. Read the report.

I have to admit i'm maybe old school but its what you do on the park which matters to me i've watched football at Central Park for over 40 years and lived in the town and by in large most folk couldn't give a f**k about the football club just need to look at our crowds.

Thinking about it the only club which really makes a big impression on me with the community stuff is Spartans (whose patch City are of course on) a lot of clubs claim to be community clubs but they are the real deal, they don't just play at it like some clubs.

Well despite the crap result and even worse officials, I certainly had another great, albeit long, day out at Central Park again and it was definitely worth the eight-hour 500-mile round trip, even though we didn't see one shot on target. And I definitely think you have a new fan as I've never seen my mate Nas so giddy at a game before. He's even saying us and we when he talks about the team already!

And so good to say hello to so many friendly faces once again. Cheers to Al for the jacket, Dale at Morrisons for sorting my Christmas shopping post-match, and the club shop for still having some cracking bargains for sale.

As I say, crap result but great day out again for the Cowden Reds... and can't wait to see you again next month.

Have a great Christmas everybody!

4 hours ago, Drifter said:

Well despite the crap result and even worse officials, I certainly had another great, albeit long, day out at Central Park again and it was definitely worth the eight-hour 500-mile round trip, even though we didn't see one shot on target. And I definitely think you have a new fan as I've never seen my mate Nas so giddy at a game before. He's even saying us and we when he talks about the team already!

And so good to say hello to so many friendly faces once again. Cheers to Al for the jacket, Dale at Morrisons for sorting my Christmas shopping post-match, and the club shop for still having some cracking bargains for sale.

As I say, crap result but great day out again for the Cowden Reds... and can't wait to see you again next month.

Have a great Christmas everybody!

Got the chance to say Hi to  Nas nice lad could only wave to you as due to no shows ended up on a turnstile ahhh the glamour my position brings :lol::lol::lol: have a great one mate and thank you both for making the effort the effort it is really appreciated.:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Got the chance to say Hi to  Nas nice lad could only wave to you as due to no shows ended up on a turnstile ahhh the glamour my position brings :lol::lol::lol: have a great one mate and thank you both for making the effort the effort it is really appreciated.:thumsup2

Ahh mate, I didn't realise that was you, then I got into a chat with Blair Malcom's mum and had to dash into the club shop before it closed to see what was left in the sales.

We will get to say hello in person though soon hopefully... and I was wearing the shirt you had sent under the many layers, wearing it with pride (and getting some confused looks at the services on the way up!)

All the best and see you next year!

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

Ahh mate, I didn't realise that was you, then I got into a chat with Blair Malcom's mum and had to dash into the club shop before it closed to see what was left in the sales.

We will get to say hello in person though soon hopefully... and I was wearing the shirt you had sent under the many layers, wearing it with pride (and getting some confused looks at the services on the way up!)

All the best and see you next year!

No bother bud thanks again have a great Xmas catch up 2019 and best to Nas.

1 hour ago, cowden boy said:

The sending off was the correct decision not for the 50/50 challenge but for the stamp on the players leg unprofessional from talbot

Confirms what I thought I saw disappointing a player who should know better.

Just caught up with the highlights. Two really soft goals to lose - centre backs don’t cover themselves in glory with that second goal.Talbot definitely a red and Balatoni very lucky to not see red himself. Does the boy doing the commentary say “Talbot effectively ended his game with that red card”? Looked even enough - massive improvement on the away game despite the worse scoreline?

Archived