Colts at Broadwood

Harry Haddock

14 minutes ago, AlansHotBath said:

Yeah, I'm fascinated to hear the story behind this palava. I'm picturing some guy derailing another family trip to Millport because a Largs keeper re-placed the ball three times in the lead-up to a goal kick or something.

There were 10 minutes of added time because of Largs tine wasting shenanigans during the 2nd half which had to be seen to be believed! 

It doesn’t bother me but I do know a few folk that haven’t been back since and won’t ever go to Largs.

I quite like the Largs guys, it was a wee bit of gamesmanship and some of our fans were out of order. I dont understand the attack on BSC and Colts, two well run teams ive a lot of respect for. Id like to see both us and Largs join them in the LL. Who cares if they have 1000 fans or not, alienating ourselves from clubs we want to join aint a great approach. We’ve been treated pretty well by LL clubs we’ve played in friendlies etc and despite some predictions from others on this thread we actually held our own. I get that KB has wound a couple folks up here but its important to note Clydebank didnt actually go bust, we actually turned a small profit in our last year in senior football, it was actually a franchise move. The game with 13 fans was as part of a boycott, im sure folks already know that but shite media reporting makes it look like it was the case.
Our crowds have held at not a bad level the past few years, away crowds reducing largely because of the shite we put up with at some grounds, but on the whole a travelling support of 150-250 for league games.

Sure the crowd was listed as 27 for that game. It was Clydebank v Shire at Cappielow and, as you say, a boycott had been organised by the Clydebank fans. 

At the turnstiles, Clydebank fans were handing out piles of complimentary tickets to anyone approaching. It's a surprise that anyone paid to get in, far less 27.

There actually looked to be a couple of hundred in the main stand, but of course, history records it as 27 and it's used as a stick to beat both clubs with, whenever the subject of attendances crops up. 

On 12/24/2018 at 20:07, Jack Burton said:
On 12/24/2018 at 19:55, Burnie_man said:
So who would own the lease, aren't Clyde still wanting away elsewhere?

Not any longer. The Scottish women Rugby team also play out of Broadwood.

Don't forget the BMX team. Clyde had to switch their promotion play-off against QP a few years ago so the BMX guys could have a race meet on the Saturday. So Clyde get fourth place, out of four.

The Colts call Broadwood their "home" whereas Clyde call it Broadwood. Colts ploughed £400k of government grants into the stadium in 2012.  Their whole ethos is about football for Cumbernauld and it's citizens so unless they have the money and permission to build their own stadium it's highly improbable that they would leave Broadwood. Clyde pulled their youth academy set up a few years ago and despite a partnership set-up with NLC schools the Colts still supply the best structure for Cumbernauld's kids to get a game of football. For  most of the last 7 years Clyde have been threatening to leave Broadwood and move to Rutherglen, then EK and lastly Shettleston. In all those events they were bumped due to not having anything to bring to the party. You'd be hard pushed to find a Clyde fan who believes Cumbernauld is where they belong.

To paraphrase Jack Kennedy; "Ask not what your landlord could do for you..." The irony is that Clyde once owned a ground called Shawfield but due to debt problems had to sell it to their ground-share tenant, the Greyhound Association, who in turn evicted Clyde. After a decade of Sleeping with The Enemy the gypsy caravan pulled into Cumbernauld 20 years ago, or so. It's only recently they've shown a bit of respect to their Keeper. Hopefully it stays that way. And hopefully the Colts get to keep their status as Cumbernauld's premier football club, even if not the top team in the SPFL.

5c2d0f0874b52_HomeofCumbernauldColts.thumb.JPG.5d1bddc80851ced779a96e9b277dff81.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Just now, Burnie_man said:

Ah OK read it wrong.  Didn't last long at 7 years.

The older pitches won’t last as long as the new generation pitches. The fibres are different, funnily enough the pitch at broadwood was in better nick than Spartans, East Kilbride and Annan combined!

The parks will generally last between 8 and 10 years but this is dependant on use and maintenance. Broadwood is packed every day of the week and has been for years. Its no surprise that the turf is being replaced after only 7 years. Glad the colts are not being evicted as has been reported (genuinely couldn't see it happening) and they can continue to build on their progress in the coming seasons. Great people running the club and a great place for a player to ply their trade from age 5 all the way through to the Senior first team.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:59, G4Mac said:

The parks will generally last between 8 and 10 years but this is dependant on use and maintenance. Broadwood is packed every day of the week and has been for years. Its no surprise that the turf is being replaced after only 7 years. Glad the colts are not being evicted as has been reported (genuinely couldn't see it happening) and they can continue to build on their progress in the coming seasons. Great people running the club and a great place for a player to ply their trade from age 5 all the way through to the Senior first team.

Does this mean that the plans that the Clyde support were coming up with the other week for removing the Colts banner etc will have to be forgotten about.

I've no idea. I'm not connected with Cumbernauld any longer but it's north Lanarkshire leisure that own and run the stadium I'm sure and the colts paid for the original park. I'd assume it would be a 3 way decision to do anything at the park not one of the 3 organisations involved. Again though only NLL, C Colts and Clyde would be able to tell anyone anymore.

Clyde agm 
Was the notice period quoted in those claims?

If they have a 25 year lease as was quoted above and are only say 5 years in, even with a mid lease break clause they would have plenty of time to sort things out.

Big difference in notice of a month and notice of 10 years. [emoji846]