Colts at Broadwood

Harry Haddock

Going by the start of the thread this has been rumoured for over 6 months now. Seems to be entirely one sided coming from Clyde meetings. As for the Colts they don't have much of a fanbase, but going by the social media they have they seem pretty happy with the new pitch getting put down. Which suggests they plan on using it.

The deal as I understand it is based on NLL owning the stadium. Cumbernauld own the pitch (the AstroTurf was laid because of the Cumbernauld Colts hard work in gaining funding for it whilst paying towards it themselves ever since in terms of a sinking fund). I know that both Clyde and Cumbernauld are the tenants of the stadium but for me Clyde don't own the ground or the pitch so I can't imagine they would be making any decisions on who uses Broadwood, they may be part of discussions regarding the stadium, but certainly don't have the final say on matters. Despite what people say they announced at their AGM.

As far as I'm aware Colts are still the main occupants of Broadwood, however, having been over during a training session with the Colts while Clyde were also there and from what I've heard from others, the relationship between the clubs is definitely frosty at best. 

Edited by RampantFM

I think you will find that the Colts occupancy is tenuous to say the least.

Clyde were greatly involved in the installation of the new pitch.

it will be interesting to see what happens with the signage surrounding the notice board in the away stand.

As stated previously,the Colts visibility at Broadwood has been severely diminished.

56 minutes ago, shawfieldman said:

I think you will find that the Colts occupancy is tenuous to say the least.

Clyde were greatly involved in the installation of the new pitch.

it will be interesting to see what happens with the signage surrounding the notice board in the away stand.

As stated previously,the Colts visibility at Broadwood has been severely diminished.

Is the big Colts sign still up  ?

As I've said previously, from my working knowledge (albeit 3 years ago) colts paid, in full for the 4g surface. I would imagine they have paid towards the new surface given they have a sink fund in place. I do not know if Clyde's involvement in the new surface but do know North Lanarkshire Leisure own the actual stadium as well as the adjacent gymnasium and astro facilities outside the ground.

I would then assume that there would be a 3 way discussion for any changes to anything to do with the stadium, signage, and tenancy agreements. Just because Clyde want something to happen doesn't necessarily mean it will.... After all the whole project has been a partnership since day one.

I really wished the Colts approached Cumbernauld Utd with their funding and put 4G down guys Meadow. Tell NLC to p off. They wouldn't have to have folk in their own time selling tea and coffee from a table because of the council insistence in running the kiosks. That would be my preferred option.

I really wished the Colts approached Cumbernauld Utd with their funding and put 4G down guys Meadow. Tell NLC to p off. They wouldn't have to have folk in their own time selling tea and coffee from a table because of the council insistence in running the kiosks. That would be my preferred option.

I believe Guys Meadow is owned by NLC and leased by Hatrix.Utd and Rob Roy rent it from Hatrix

Check out the front page of the Colts Community web site, tells the story 7 years into a 25 year agreement.
The stadium is getting a major upgrade over and above the pitch replacement - I understand signage inside and outside the stadium will be changed/upgraded.
The facility has a number of partners and contrary to a previous post, relationships between the two clubs is reported as good, shared arrangements for pitch time has been in place for sometime and continues.