Brechin City vs. Airdrieonians

Brechin beat us pretty comfortably when we last met, in what turned out to be final straw for Findlay's reign.  We've been better since then, but there are still weaknesses in the squad that need sorted, and we remain pretty vulnerable.  We've had some much better results and performances though. 
In the seven games since we last played, Brechin have won only once (a 4-0 skelping of Forfar), and there have been some pretty heavy defeats in there.   They're second bottom of the league, a point clear of Stenny and with a game in hand.  Even so, we're only four point ahead of Brechin ourselves at the moment.

Hutton and Conroy are still out for us, according to the official site Robertson might be available.

I can't seem to find a preview on the Brechin site - any injuries or suspensions going into this one?

I'm an eternal optimist, despite a lifetime of watching of Airdrie (I suppose you'd have to be), so I'm predicting an away win here.   There were encouraging signs last week, especially in the second half, and if we continue in that vein we ought to have enough, methinks.

Airdrie were better team the 1st half without really doing much , that's how bad we are now ...We showed a bit more fight 2nd half but never looked like scoring .
We desperately need fresh blood in I'm not too bothered about getting relegated if it happens it's deserved but for the club's sake we need to get supporters back . This defensive drivel is driving folk away £15 to watch your team knowing full well we won't be set up to try and win a game is crap . Get it sorted Kenny and Co

Airdrie were better team the 1st half without really doing much , that's how bad we are now ...We showed a bit more fight 2nd half but never looked like scoring .
We desperately need fresh blood in I'm not too bothered about getting relegated if it happens it's deserved but for the club's sake we need to get supporters back . This defensive drivel is driving folk away £15 to watch your team knowing full well we won't be set up to try and win a game is crap . Get it sorted Kenny and Co

So it was you in the Tic top I’m assuming.

First half we sat off Airdrie, they had all the possession but did nothing much with it. Barry was being quite pointed with his instructions but players were 8ncapable with osri being worst. He was getting pretty frustrated.

We allowed Airdrie yo come half way into our half before anyone made a move.

Connor at fault for goal, pish poor throw out resulting in the foul.

On a sour note I really hate the none stop abuse of players. Sinclair could do no right. Whilst others could do no wrong despite them being as poor.

Also Stewards were dicks. The Muppet with the flares was the same guy they should have binned from the first half. A hole. And to the others who m9cked a Brechin player who got stretched off with a likely broken ankle. Airdrie must have missed their village idiots today.

For us to turn it around will depend on Barry moving on Dods duds and bring in a few, cause as it is regardless of Barry's efforts it's the same guys who for several years have been coached to sit in. A dark winter is ahead I fear.

Archived