What friendlys we got over the festive period

Bawsoot

On 22/12/2018 at 22:55, Barcz86 said:

Was 3-1 New farm today both teams missing players due to Ayrshire. However a competitive friendly with reasonably strong starting 11s 

I was at match and Hurlford did not have Eddie, Currie, or McVey playing. Had no substitutes and their coach was playing too. New Farm played well though 

9 hours ago, Bawsoot said:

That's a bit of a shock result don't think many would have predicted that well done to pennies  though that's a fantastic result even if it was only a friendly  were both  teams at full strength ?? 

From what I have heard pennies never had a goalie until the night before the game as there goalie is away. I also heard from the same source they had 15 players 1 on the bench that doesn’t play anymore but had to draft him to help out because 2 other boys that were on the bench weren’t fit so we’re unused subs but we’re there just make up numbers as we’re struggling

Think colville had 1 or 2  call offs aswell. I believe they had 16. Not sure there call offs etc as it was someone from the Falkirk area so they weren’t to sure of colville players 

both teams would have had strong enough squads I would imagine 

9 hours ago, 3yardsout said:

From what I have heard pennies never had a goalie until the night before the game as there goalie is away. I also heard from the same source they had 15 players 1 on the bench that doesn’t play anymore but had to draft him to help out because 2 other boys that were on the bench weren’t fit so we’re unused subs but we’re there just make up numbers as we’re struggling

Think colville had 1 or 2  call offs aswell. I believe they had 16. Not sure there call offs etc as it was someone from the Falkirk area so they weren’t to sure of colville players 

both teams would have had strong enough squads I would imagine 

Colville had to make a couple of substitutions due to poor discipline?

Wouldnt read too much into friendly results at this time of year. The result wont bother Mick, maybe the behaviour of a couple of players might.

Archived