Montrose V Stenny

A big game for us tomorrow. A win to take us 9 points clear of Stenny and 8 clear of bRreekin.
Hopefully Martin Rennie has recovered from last weekend so we can go with the three up front formation that has worked in the past 2 1/2 games.

My prediction - Mo 2 Stenny 0

I think we could be in for a tricky afternoon here, Stenny are tough to beat and were arguably unlucky not to win both games at LP last term. With issues up front I'd bite your hand off for an ugly 1-0 win, and wouldnt be too upset with a point....

I should flatter our opposition more often!

One of the most comfortable first halves this season - Stenny were absolutely awful and could barely put two passes together. The number 22 was especially shite. Second half was more even as we began to get slack ourselves, thankfully by then we were 3-0 and out of reach. Stenny did keep trying though, and the last 10 minutes were more uneasy than they should have been. 

A very positive result, and an enjoyable day as news of a******h's unbeaten record being thrown out of the Nakatomi plaza came through. Hopefully we can put another dent in the c**** next week - it's about time we gave them a game....

Yep Stenny were abysmal in the first half and McBrearty is one of the worst players I have ever seen playing senior football. Bullied off the ball by Antoniazzi for the first, barely able to complete a pass or a header throughout the game. Ewan Henderson scored an excellent second from a very tight angle, beating the goalkeeper at his near post with a whistling low drive.

If we were dominant in the first half, the second wasn’t quite so good. Stenny are all lung power and effort and not much else but it worked. Actually the tireless CJ running down the right and floating in a cross for Paul Watson to head home with about twenty minutes left almost came against the run of play.

Stenny’s work rate brought them a deserved consolation and they had a very late second ruled out for offside. We have an annoying habit of not playing for the full 90 minutes.  That said, it would be wrong to complain- this overall was a good win and we’re up to fourth for Christmas, and barring last weeks annoying blip at Forfar go into a tough derby match next week in good shape. That’ll do.

A dominant first half. We out fought, what looked like a physically slight Stenhousemuir side. Stenny are a side lacking confidence and worse they argued with each other quite heatedly - always a bad sign. A more even second half. Stewart Petrie, rightly, gave some guys a runout but, it disrupted our flow and we never regained it. I was hoping for a clean sheet but, in fairness a goal was deserved. I can live with losing one if it is the price of having three up top. Checked the Gable Ender and our three loanees are 18,18 and 19; easy to forget. They are all making contributions to the side, especially a bit of pace: they are good for Montrose and Montrose is good for them. Huge credit must go to SP and the staff. How your young loanees get on is a mark of a club’s standards. It is a sign of how well we are doing that yesterday felt like a routine Division 1 victory.  Bring on the second half of the season!

Archived