The Scottish Premiership's Best & Worst Posters Thread 2018

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:
I thought Oleksandr was doing this on GN ya lentil-munching w**k.

Do you prefer Oleksandr's in-depth countdown?

It's a bit like choosing between being stabbed or being shot.

Aberdeen fans are all beige non-entities on here. It pains me to say it about my #TB4 brethren but they are just dreadful posters.

Good write up though and potential to be a good thread, a lot better than the dreadful attempt over on the GN currently. Much as it pains to me to admit it I agree with Kincardine that P+B seems to be going a bit downhill present which is meaning less interest in these types of threads. Difference being that the volume of traffic on here doesn’t really bother me whereas with an alcoholic mess like Kincardine this site is a huge part of his sad bigoted life.

We can’t all be hilarious and interesting like you mate

CELTIC next. 

There were two clubs where nominations for BEST poster were a bit thin on the ground. Take a fucking guess which ones. Celtic attracted a total of 4 nominations for BEST poster [emoji38]

In reverse order: 

3rd [mention=16584]paul-r-cfc[/mention]

2nd [mention=71221]senorsoupe[/mention]

But the clear winner was NONE, collecting a magnificent 8 outright nominations. Tributes poured in: "None, they're all shite", "I genuinely can't think of a single one who isn't a dribbling fuckwit" and, actually that was it. Most voters couldn't even be arsed giving a reason. 

The WORST

And our clear winner, by an absolute fucking mile was [mention=46330]Romeo[/mention], lovingly described as "a shite version of Bennet", "a shite troll" and "A c**t".

Hats off Romeo, to be crowned the worst Celtic poster is a frankly stunning achievement given the extraordinary lengths of tedium and idiocy required to reach such a pinnacle. 

Box office and a massive improvement over last years 2nd place.

ETA even more impressive if take into account I wasn't even on the site for about 3 months, maybe more [emoji1]

DUNDEE

I might be biased here, but we've had some fucking amazing posters over the years. Amazingly in a good sense with the now rarely-heard-from @dundeebarry, and amazingly shite no-marks like @silvery tay and full-on nutters like @non deluded dee and his 62 aliases.  We've provided some epic breakdowns over the years as well.  Few will top @Big Gus's stunning fall from a mildly amusing guy who posted about pies to a seething mess on the Mumsnet thread and the sadness of his dreams being crushed so brutally by @craigkillie. Anyway both of this year's "winners" were actually quite clear cut in terms of votes. 

First up, it's the Dees BEST poster award. In reverse order: 

3. @Girth

2. @G_Man1985

And our clear winner with six outright nominations, was @Dee Man, his nomination back up with tributes such as "seems alright" and "he talks the most sense"

Our worst poster is usually a fairly clear-cut affair, and probably usually won by one of NDD's various aliases (can't be arsed with the research tbh). This year has been no exception (well the clear-cut part). In reverse order, our ginger step-children and WORST posters are: 

3rd.  @Chewing Taffies

2nd. @Dundee-FC92

And our resounding winner, picking up a magnificent/fucking humiliating SEVEN outright nominations plus various other placings, is our Morrissey-loving, rep-system hating, cat-obsessed loonball @Bigmouth Strikes Again. "Morrissey is a c**t" accompanied one of his nominations, as did "one of those weirdos who sends PMs about dots" and "fucking nutjob". 

I'll be honest here, I've no idea what happened to the boy. He seemed to go from posting  cat pics, with the occasional torrent of well-deserved abuse at Old Man Danger to an all out emotional breakdown involving some DAB weirdo, the rep system and Gman. Nuts. Anyway, a complete heads-gone round here never goes unrewarded, so enjoy the dying embers of 2018 with this harsh but fair result. 

Thank you. 

HAMILTON

Much like their club, the Accies lads on here are a very underrated group of posters, ranging from bouffant-headed Tory fuckwit @Im_Rodger to the barely comprehensible @stepek 4 tellys. Both categories here were keenly contested, with, erm, interesting outcomes. 

Anyway, Accies BEST posters for 2018 in reverse order, are: 

3rd. @Patrick Bateman

2nd. @accies1874

And the winner, by a single vote, unbelievably is @Im_Rodger. The most glowing tribute I can remember was "I'mRodger, but i think he's left".  All joking aside it's great to see that posting dreadful Trump memes and having an atrocious hairstyle are no impediment to posting greatness. Unfortunately making a daft bet and losing actually is. 

Accies were one of the few supports who got less nominations in total for worst rather than best posters. I have no idea what that means but it sounded vaguely interesting. Anyway their tedious c***s and WORST posters were: 

3rd. @Scotty Tunbridge

2nd. @Uncle Arthur (who?)

And AGAIN, by pretty fucking narrow margin and completing an inglorious double, it's @Im_Rodger :lol:. No one actually gave a reason for him. Indeed the most amusing reason given for anyone's vote was "If P&B was a brass band, Scotty would be the trumpet". Decent. 

Well done on a quite magnificent double you Trump loving, Tory c**t. 

More witless shite tomorrow folks. ETA, it is in fact the Edinburgh Derby. 

2 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Who the f**k's Uncle Arthur?

f**k knows. A quick check suggests he’s had 8 posts in the whole of 2018. None of which seem anything west of beige.

I don't think he's ventured beyond the Accies thread. Maybe some match ones too.
Thank you all for your kind votes. I'm just happy to finish above Bateman and have no qualms about finishing below Rodger. This one's for you, chief:
20181227_220513.jpg

Archived