The Scottish Premiership's Best & Worst Posters Thread 2018

36 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Just back from visiting the bird's relatives, watching the end of the Watford-Chelsea game, and having a shite. Apologies. 

Tam mentioned the short notice in his PM.

Up to you c***s, I can extend the deadline if you want more time to fire in votes, or start the results. Don't mind either way tbh. 

I thought Oleksandr was doing this on GN ya lentil-munching w**k.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

f**k it, results time, starting with ABERDEEN

The votes for our sheep-molesting cousins up the A90 were a veritable who's who. Literally who the f**k is who. I'd heard of about 4 of these c***s. Changed days since StandFree03 was a virtual cert to scoop both the Best and Worst Categories.

Anyway, the Best Abherghreen posters in reverse order were: 

3rd: @Frank Grimes

2nd: @Suspect Device

and our clear winner, receiving several outright nominations, plus a few mentions was @Melanius Mullarkey

MM clearly moved several posters to nominate him with glowing tributes such as "posts on every fucking thread but seems quite witty", "he's the only Aberdeen fan I can remember right now" and "a boring c**t, but he's alright". Take a fucking bow. 

The Worst Aberdeen poster was a closer run affair. However, the Dons' list of banality, in reverse order was: 

3rd. @jmothecat

2nd @Menzel

And by the slimmest of margins, Aberdeen's worst poster of 2018 was @kingjoey. Personally I've never seen any of his posts that I can recall, however the only two reasons given were "I couldn't think of anyone else" and "he's a fucking idiot".  Proof enough, imo.

Well done/commiserations*

(* delete as applicable)

ETA: Celtic up next. 

You're still an unmitigated fandan but that was a decent write-up..  Have a Charles. 

CELTIC next. 

There were two clubs where nominations for BEST poster were a bit thin on the ground. Take a fucking guess which ones. Celtic attracted a total of 4 nominations for BEST poster :lol:

In reverse order: 

3rd @paul-r-cfc

2nd @senorsoupe

But the clear winner was NONE, collecting a magnificent 8 outright nominations. Tributes poured in: "None, they're all shite", "I genuinely can't think of a single one who isn't a dribbling fuckwit" and, actually that was it. Most voters couldn't even be arsed giving a reason. 

The WORST poster, to the surprise of absolutely no one, had quite a few more votes. The result was a surprisingly clear one. I'd have thought choosing the worst Celtic poster would be like trying to decide between Aids, Hep and Dementia, but there we go. Anyway, in reverse order: 

3rd @Flybhoy

2nd @Drew Brees

And our clear winner, by an absolute fucking mile was @Romeo, lovingly described as "a shite version of Bennet", "a shite troll" and "A c**t".

Hats off Romeo, to be crowned the worst Celtic poster is a frankly stunning achievement given the extraordinary lengths of tedium and idiocy required to reach such a pinnacle. 

That's it for tonight. Dundee and Accies tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

You mean you haven't picked more than the Aberdeen posters or wrote any more witty anecdotes.

No, I'm posting them two clubs a day in alphabetical order. 

Don't worry, you only got a single nomination. You've won f**k all. 

The votes for our sheep-molesting cousins up the A90 were a veritable who's who. Literally who the f**k is who. I'd heard of about 4 of these c***s. Changed days since StandFree03 was a virtual cert to scoop both the Best and Worst Categories.
3rd: [mention=72581]Frank Grimes[/mention]
2nd: [mention=17209]Suspect Device[/mention]
and our clear winner, receiving several outright nominations, plus a few mentions was [mention=70922]Melanius Mullarkey[/mention]. 
MM clearly moved several posters to nominate him with glowing tributes such as "posts on every fucking thread but seems quite witty", "he's the only Aberdeen fan I can remember right now" and "a boring c**t, but he's alright". Take a fucking bow. 
The Worst Aberdeen poster was a closer run affair. However, the Dons' list of banality, in reverse order was: 
3rd. [mention=20211]jmothecat[/mention]
2nd [mention=48180]Menzel[/mention]
And by the slimmest of margins, Aberdeen's worst poster of 2018 was [mention=48577]kingjoey[/mention]. Personally I've never seen any of his posts that I can recall, however the only two reasons given were "I couldn't think of anyone else" and "he's a fucking idiot".  Proof enough, imo.
(* delete as applicable)

Aberdeen fans are all beige non-entities on here. It pains me to say it about my #TB4 brethren but they are just dreadful posters.

Good write up though and potential to be a good thread, a lot better than the dreadful attempt over on the GN currently. Much as it pains to me to admit it I agree with Kincardine that P+B seems to be going a bit downhill present which is meaning less interest in these types of threads. Difference being that the volume of traffic on here doesn’t really bother me whereas with an alcoholic mess like Kincardine this site is a huge part of his sad bigoted life.

Considering it's only Scotty who's announced his list, I may as well back him up. Mine:

Aberdeen

Celtic

Dundee

Hamilton

• Didn't think it was fair to vote on our own x

Kilmarnock

Livingston

• Best: @LiviLion
  • Worst:  @ATLIS
  • (It was a 50-50 choice between the two Livi posters I've noticed)

Motherwell

Rangers

• Best: @The_Kincardine
  • Worst: Can't seem to tag him but it's Bob Williamson

St Johnstone

St Mirren (I had to check this one due to their beigeness)

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

3rd: @Frank Grimes

2nd: @Suspect Device

and our clear winner, receiving several outright nominations, plus a few mentions was @Melanius Mullarkey

3rd. @jmothecat

2nd @Menzel

And by the slimmest of margins, Aberdeen's worst poster of 2018 was @kingjoey. Personally I've never seen any of his posts that I can recall, however the only two reasons given were "I couldn't think of anyone else" and "he's a fucking idiot".  Proof enough, imo.

(* delete as applicable)

Infamy,infamy, you’ve all got it in for me. Me and Romeo as the first two. The rest of you have a lot to live up to.

Archived