January transfer window

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don’t know what he’s currently on but I think I’ve read Davis is taking a substantial pay cut to £12k/week. (Still ridiculous money for our league right enough).

And Defoe is having the bulk of his reputed £65k/week covered by Bournemouth. The recall clauses that have been reported seem to paint it as a win/win. He comes here, gets fit and if Bournemouth need him back either for next season or next January, he’s box fresh and ready to go.

(After he’s won us #1 obvs)

FTFY

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

What you hearing ???? 

Not a lot.

Couple clubs sniffing round Findlay (not surprising)

I’d imagine a couple of fringe players out on loan. Kiltie for both his sake and the club. Maybe Wilson and McKay as well

Reckon we need a striker, winger, play maker and a left sided defender for cover.

59 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Not a lot.

Couple clubs sniffing round Findlay (not surprising)

I’d imagine a couple of fringe players out on loan. Kiltie for both his sake and the club. Maybe Wilson and McKay as well

Reckon we need a striker, winger, play maker and a left sided defender for cover.

There is this one too......

Rangers wasting no time getting their signings done. As well as Jones, there's rumours Rangers want to sign Glen Kamara on a pre-contract. Haven't seen him play that much to have an opinion on the possible Kamara deal.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Ryan Gauld on loan to Hibs, apparently. 

Not quite the chubby ball player I was hoping for but he’d do. 

It'll be interesting to see if he's actually any good or not.

^^this. the boys become a bit of an enigma. name pops up every transfer window. that scottish lad that was with real madrid was the same. cant remember his name though

Just now, ah-dee said:
8 minutes ago, DC92 said:

^^this. the boys become a bit of an enigma. name pops up every transfer window. that scottish lad that was with real madrid was the same. cant remember his name though

Jack Harper.

7 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Tbf he’s not going to change the fact that our midfield is soft as f**k. Gauld and Mallan in the same midfield is asking for trouble. 

Just now, ah-dee said:
3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:
Jack Harper.

thanks thats the boy. was never sure if he actually exists or was a myth up there with Nessie

He moved to Brighton and did hee haw then moved back to Spain and is playing with Malaga.

24 goals in 50 for their B team and 3 in 14 for their first team this season.

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

And Davis has 6 months left at your £75k/week (which I do not believe but anyhoo). 24 weeks at that, net of tax (insert your own joke here) is less than £1m net. 18 months at £12k/week is c£500k net of tax and a chance (steady now) of winning something again. Not such a gulf in his motivations I’d venture....

It only looks like it isn't a big gulf (although I would argue that halving your earnings is a pretty big gulf in any case) because you've compared his potential earnings over 18 months at Rangers to his earnings over 6 months at Southampton and then assumed that in that scenario he doesn't earn any money for the next year. In reality if he stays at Southampton for 6 months he will then leave and sign for another club (and if that club is in England will likely make quite a bit more than 12k per week) so the real gulf in earnings over those 18 months is quite a bit larger than you are making out.

He moved to Brighton and did hee haw then moved back to Spain and is playing with Malaga.
24 goals in 50 for their B team and 3 in 14 for their first team this season.
every days a school day then. i just remember the constant chat about the new Scottish messi etc but then his name disappeared

I'd love to tear into Sevco here just as much as the next guy, but Defoe will easily be the best goalscorer in the league if he's even half interested.

Steven Davis will instantly be better than anything Celtic currently have in midfield too.

And if Rangers win the league - they've both paid for themselves.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd love to tear into Sevco here just as much as the next guy, but Defoe will easily be the best goalscorer in the league if he's even half interested.

Steven Davis will instantly be better than anything Celtic currently have in midfield too.

And if Rangers win the league - they've both paid for themselves.

:lol:

The proof on the effectiveness (or otherwise) of Defoe and Davis will follow in the next 5 months or so.

Already though the amount of column inches, the traffic through here, the interest from non-Rangers fans and general knicker wetting about how much of an apparently expensive pair of has-beens they might be is, I think, a good thing for our game. Whichever way it pans out.

Me? I’m thinking the future looks bright....

Archived