January transfer window

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need a centre half. Broadfoot and Findlay are one of the best CB pairings in the league, but when one is injured we only have Scott Boyd for backup. He's solid and dependable enough, but he's not at the level of the other two. Beyond that we've nothing, which is a concern- St Johnstone away Findlay got injured and then one of the following games Broadfoot took a head knock. Need at least another CB. 

Otherwise I'm sure Clarke will mostly be looking to hold on to Jones and hoping no one comes in for Greg Stewart, which would be outwith our control and would absolutely call for a replacement. 

He might look to bring in some replacements for Enobakhare and Byrne who have both left and were generally making the subs bench. 

Not sure if Ndjoli loan deal is up in January but wouldn't be sad to see him moving on and replaced with someone bringing a bit more. 

Our weakest areas in terms of depth seem to be on the wings but our priority in January will be replacing any player that leave. Hopefully if Halkett is to leave then we can get a bit of cash and loan him back for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Top 6 teams in Scotland have enquired along with 25+ English teams - take from that what you will 

Seems a bit unlikely that us or St Johnstone would have enquired - would have thought he was well beyond both of our budgets.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Seems a bit unlikely that us or St Johnstone would have enquired - would have thought he was well beyond both of our budgets.

Out of contract in the summer, no compensation due. Wages would be the only issue.

Top 6 teams in Scotland have enquired along with 25+ English teams - take from that what you will 

Thank feck Jack Ross left and Stubbs came in otherwise we would have followed up on our offer and might have ended up signing a good player. Bullet dodged. [emoji85]

10 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Jayden Stockley on the verge of a £750,000 move to Preston .

Crazy haha

Not sure that I see what is crazy about this.

Forty goals in a season and a half at Exeter City.

Whlst raw as f**k during his time at Aberdeen, he wasn't half as bad as a lot of folk would have you believe.

Hounded out of Scottish football because the "bhoy wonder" couldn't keep his chin under control in the cup final.

Hopefully we have a sell on clause

1 minute ago, Sheep62 said:

Not sure that I see what is crazy about this.

Forty goals in a season and a half at Exeter City.

Whlst raw as f**k during his time at Aberdeen, he wasn't half as bad as a lot of folk would have you believe.

Hounded out of Scottish football because the "bhoy wonder" couldn't keep his chin under control in the cup final.

Hopefully we have a sell on clause

He was a fucking carthorse, and you know it. League Two down there is a laughable league where only folk over 6ft can survive.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Because he has did it in one year.
And it's mental because he was shite for Aberdeen. A laughing stock he was.
Went down to England and has did alright .

Silly money for him however

Silly money or not, £750k is apparently the "buy out" clause, so good on Exeter.

2 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

If I knew that, then surely that's what I would have said

I'm sure I've seen you before desperately twisting literally everything to blame the Old Firm for something or another.

Archived