January transfer window

17 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Rangers valued the player at £350k in the summer. I doubt Rangers would pay more than 50% of that valuation when they can just sign him for nothing and wait out the remainder of his existing contract.

They might offer £50k but I think Rangers won't mind waiting until the summer when the likes of Kent and Coulibaly have returned to their clubs.

There's a rumour that you're close to agreeing to sign Kent permanently. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would be a good signing if it happened. I think he wants to leave Liverpool. Maybe not to us, but at least somewhere where he'll play regularly.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

Rangers valued the player at £350k in the summer. I doubt Rangers would pay more than 50% of that valuation when they can just sign him for nothing and wait out the remainder of his existing contract.

They might offer £50k but I think Rangers won't mind waiting until the summer when the likes of Kent and Coulibaly have returned to their clubs.

Rangers offered killie a lot less that 350k last January and made no approach in the summer.

The difference between finishing 3rd and 6th is about 600k and JJ could contribute to that if staying at killie until then.

47 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Rangers offered killie a lot less that 350k last January and made no approach in the summer.

The difference between finishing 3rd and 6th is about 600k and JJ could contribute to that if staying at killie until then.

My mistake. I thought the bid was back in summer rather than last January. That just makes it even more unlikely that Rangers would pay £200k now.

I think its best for the player and both clubs if he stayed where he is until the summer.

That said, whether or not a portion of the fans start booing him whilst he's still there remains to be seen. Keeping him could actually be detrimental to finishing third, just to play devils advocate.

Why the f**k are you settling for 3rd at best ?

18 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I think its best for the player and both clubs if he stayed where he is until the summer.

Bollocks.... get him to feck right now, or training on his own till June, no way should he be allowed near our club to disrupt the harmony in the dressing room.

He's made his bed let the c**t lay in it now.....

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

For once I hope that you're right, we struggled when he was injured.

As for Gordon Jones meh..... He's no better than what we've already got. Only plus is that Killie fans are stamping their feet about it.

Edit....Jordon not Gordon.

Bollocks.... get him to feck right now, or training on his own till June, no way should he be allowed near our club to disrupt the harmony in the dressing room.
Think it depends on what kind of character he is. Broadfoot signed a PCA and still gave Saints a 100% for the remainder of his contract.

50 minutes ago, Torfason said:
1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Think it depends on what kind of character he is. Broadfoot signed a PCA and still gave Saints a 100% for the remainder of his contract.

Its more the manner in which its been done, there was nothing to stop JJ having an agreement in place with Rangers without it being made so public. Jones could have insisted on it remaining private if he wanted to, then announced his departure to them during the summer break.

Yes the other squad members have probably know about his plan to sign a PCA for a wee while now but what bothers me is the possible effect it will have on his teammates during a game, it's inevitable the booing/critisism will stem from the stands the minute he makes a mistake or goes into a challenge half heartedly, should he remain till the summer.

Everyone knows this story has either been leaked from within Ibrox or through his agent in an attempt to ....

A) unsettle the harmony between our fans & players.

B) an attempt to derail our season.

C) force through a move immediately.

13 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Its more the manor in which its been done, there was nothing to stop JJ having an agreement in place with Rangers without it being made so public. Jones could have insisted on it remaining private if he wanted to, then announced his departure to them during the summer break.

Yes the other squad members have probably know about his plan to sign a PCA for a wee while now but what bothers me is the possible effect it will have on his teammates during a game, it's inevitable the booing/critisism will stem from the stands the minute he makes a mistake or goes into a challenge half heartedly, should he remain till the summer.

Everyone knows this story has either been leaked from within Ibrox or through his agent in an attempt to ....

Celtic levels of paranoia....

1 hour ago, Torfason said:
2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Good “character” in the dressing room.

will be missed in that sense when he moves on.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I think option A and B are the same thing. 

And if I was to have a guess, I suspect this is a power play by Rangers to disrupt the momentum of what, right now, is a genuine challenger for the league.

Its a free transfer on a low-ish contract. A small price to pay if it meant winning the championship.

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Wind your neck in. He's a great player and a popular guy in the dressing room, it would be lunacy to pay him to sit twiddling his thumbs for the second half of the season when we're trying to compete for trophies and European places. He doesn't owe us anything - he's been at the club for two and a half years now and has given us nothing but fantastic service over that time. The club would have been sold to him as an opportunity to get back on track and move on to bigger things, so it would be ridiculous for us to now sit there and be annoyed when he's chosen to do exactly that.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Wind your neck in. He's a great player and a popular guy in the dressing room, it would be lunacy to pay him to sit twiddling his thumbs for the second half of the season when we're trying to compete for trophies and European places. He doesn't owe us anything - he's been at the club for two and a half years now and has given us nothing but fantastic service over that time. The club would have been sold to him as an opportunity to get back on track and move on to bigger things, so it would be ridiculous for us to now sit there and be annoyed when he's chosen to do exactly that.

It could also be lunacy to continue to rely on a guy who could in effect down tools anytime from now till May.

Ultimately SC will decide but do you see him allowing Jones to play on the 23rd for instance. He has a proven record of letting stuff like this affect his performances in the past, last Dec throu to Feb as a prime example.

Even this season Clarke dropped him to the bench when his performances dipped, incidentally, at a time he was posting on social media about meetings with his agent & trips to Ibrox.

Do you really think he will be caring if we compete for a euro place when the odds of probability favour he will be doing exactly this at ibrox himself next season.

PS.... I'm not the only one who thinks this is a possibility & plenty on kickback have said they will let it be known they are unhappy about his move to a rival come the 19th if he's still at Rugby Park.

I can imagine the reaction from the completely level headed supporters on Kickback.

December-February last year included the 5-1 win over Partick Thistle where he terrorised them all game, the 2-1 win over Rangers where he took James Tavernier to the cleaners, the 1-0 win over Celtic when he set up the winner for Mulumbu and the 2-2 draw with Hibs where he scored and generally inspired the comeback.

He's a classic inconsistent winger, and so he did have poorer games in amongst that, as he has done throughout his time with us. However, the Kickback mob described above seized on any of those poor performances as evidence that he was unsettled etc. I'm sure they'll do that again, but as you said, Clarke will ultimately know his player better than any of them.

Archived