January transfer window

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Many loans at English Premiership level involve an up-front fee as well. Anyone who thinks that Sevco haven't made a significant outlay for this deal is utterly deluded. 

They will have made a significant outlay clearly.

However, anyone that thinks they've just signed their own death warrant are also deluded.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

They will have made a significant outlay clearly.

However, anyone that thinks they've just signed their own death warrant are also deluded.

They made a loss of £14m last year and are spending significantly more this year, I'm struggling to see how that's viable, combined with all their losses since they began

They made a loss of £14m last year and are spending significantly more this year, I'm struggling to see how that's viable, combined with all their losses since they began

It’s not sustainable long term but none of the debt is external which is in their favour.

It’s clearly not a great business model but I very much doubt they are will fully committing suicide again, regardless of how lovely it would be.

They're literally just piling in to stop 10IAR.  They don't give a fuck about anything after that.  And the fans and media are lapping it up.

That's the sole reason Gerrard was appointed; to use his name and contacts to get players up from England to stop Celtic for 1 season.

They're literally just piling in to stop 10IAR.  They don't give a fuck about anything after that.  And the fans and media are lapping it up. That's the sole reason Gerrard was appointed; to use his name and contacts to get players up from England to stop Celtic for 1 season.

I'm looking forward to when they fail. 

A one off win against Celtic doesn't cover up for the fact that they've been shite again recently against even the likes of Dundee.

They'll drop more points than Celtic against the so-called diddy teams - especially on the road.

44 minutes ago, Desp said:

By all accounts, Defoe keeps himself incredibly fit so that shouldn't be an issue. In any case, a goalscorer will always be a goalscorer, regardless of fitness (see Kris Boyd). However, the on us is going to be on guys like Kent & Candeias to give him the supply. If he gets it, I think he'll easily get into double figures before the end of the season. 

It's highly unlikely that they'll play both Defoe and Morelos in the same team so I'd expect he'll either be getting punted to some daft English club with too much money or Defoe will be used as an impact sub.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s not sustainable long term but none of the debt is external which is in their favour.

It’s clearly not a great business model but I very much doubt they are will fully committing suicide again, regardless of how lovely it would be.

That sounds very like the "ah but we owe it to ourselves" comfort blanket that Hearts used during the Romanov era. It's all fine and dandy until the lender has to liquidate their position fast because of money problems elsewhere.

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Forbes reported in November they needed to raise £4.6m before the end of the season to avoid missing major loan repayments, yet here they are, months later, piling money towards ageing players.

Their last share issue raised £1.2m.

They are entirely reliant on money from elsewhere, they've been taking loans to pay back loans. If they fail to win the title this year, their "debts" will be above £50m, and that'll be owed to the people they're reliant on.

How long do you expect that to last?

Forbes reported in November they needed to raise £4.6m before the end of the season to avoid missing major loan repayments, yet here they are, months later, piling money towards ageing players.
Their last share issue raised £1.2m.
They are entirely reliant on money from elsewhere, they've been taking loans to pay back loans. If they fail to win the title this year, their "debts" will be above £50m, and that'll be owed to the people they're reliant on.
How long do you expect that to last?
Admin 2?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Seem to recall Dundee fans making the exact same claim right until the day they went into admin no. 2 under Callum 'C'lum' Melville. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

Seem to recall Dundee fans making the exact same claim right until the day they went into admin no. 2 under Callum 'C'lum' Melville. 

To be fair though, the tax bill wasn't public knowledge until late in the day. Admin 2 was quite a small amount relative to the usual liabilities teams have when they go into debt, it's generally just the case of it mattering who they owe the money to rather than anything else. United have huge liabilities on their balance sheet - far far in excess of anything Dundee had in admin 2, yet it's to people who have no incentive to see the club go into admin.

3 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Any chance we can create another thread to discuss the rangers finances and keep this one for making sh1te predictions about upcoming transfers (and real ones)?

Could maybe call it the bralt....

5 hours ago, dumpweed said:

Sore one losing JJ to the ****.

Benched for the rest of the season or just against them?

I'd personally play him if he is available but ultimately if we could get 200k out the **** I'd take it.

Rangers valued the player at £350k in the summer. I doubt Rangers would pay more than 50% of that valuation when they can just sign him for nothing and wait out the remainder of his existing contract.

They might offer £50k but I think Rangers won't mind waiting until the summer when the likes of Kent and Coulibaly have returned to their clubs.

Archived