Motherwell vs St Mirren 22/12/18

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

How is the financial situation at Motherwell? Is there a decent budget to go and improve to squad in January?

It's an open secret we're looking to offload double digit players, January is going to be pivotal.

Nope. We need to shift players out to get any in.

My Q is how can St Mirren offload 10+ players and replace them. Assuming they are under contract they need to move on or accept a pay off. Do St Mirren have a budget that allows them to sign many players without moving many if any on ? 

8 minutes ago, welldaft said:

My Q is how can St Mirren offload 10+ players and replace them. Assuming they are under contract they need to move on or accept a pay off. Do St Mirren have a budget that allows them to sign many players without moving many if any on ? 

We have a lot of loans, which helps. Plus the John McGinn money.

It won't last forever but might get us out a hole.

52 minutes ago, Silvio said:

How is the financial situation at Motherwell? Is there a decent budget to go and improve to squad in January?

It's an open secret we're looking to offload double digit players, January is going to be pivotal.

Finances are ok but we will still need to try and offload a few players since our squad is bloated with shite. Andy Rose is already announced as away to MLS and I'm sure a few others have been told they can leave for nothing if they have a club willing to take them.

We will be looking for attacking players in this window.

How much of a sell on did you get?

As for the game it was fucking awful. If we don't get away with our usual style we are fucked.
Robbo has no plan A. f**k plan B, we need a plan A

Kick it up the park see what fuckin happens.

How many headers did any of our forwards win today? Very fuckin few.

Anton Ferdinand may have been a good level CB back in the day but I doubt he's anywhere near that level now. Us punting the ball for him to head away is bread and butter for him though.

8 hours ago, welldaft said:

We won't be replacing like for like. We built a horrendously bloated and imbalanced squad. 

We've already moved 4 on since manager came on by ending 3 loan deals early and Samson retiring. 

We also have Danny Rogers, Ryan Edwards, Alfie Jones and Lee Hodson on loan. I can imagine at least two of these possibly three will be sent back to parent clubs. 

We've also got a situation where a few guys Stubbs signed aren't even getting on the bench week in week out. We'll likely cut and run with these guys and this is what will cost us  the most money. 

Adam Hammill will likely leave to go back south as well, sadly. Cammy Smith is also widely reported to want away. Losing these two won't cost anything, even if I'd prefer both to stay. 

All in all we need to trim a squad of what I think is now 26 (was previously 30) down to 20-22. Manager has said he's looking at 5 or 6 new faces so that means out goings of 10-12 players to get to that stage. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

We won't be replacing like for like. We built a horrendously bloated and imbalanced squad. 

We've already moved 4 on since manager came on by ending 3 loan deals early and Samson retiring. 

We also have Danny Rogers, Ryan Edwards, Alfie Jones and Lee Hodson on loan. I can imagine at least two of these possibly three will be sent back to parent clubs. 

We've also got a situation where a few guys Stubbs signed aren't even getting on the bench week in week out. We'll likely cut and run with these guys and this is what will cost us  the most money. 

Adam Hammill will likely leave to go back south as well, sadly. Cammy Smith is also widely reported to want away. Losing these two won't cost anything, even if I'd prefer both to stay. 

All in all we need to trim a squad of what I think is now 26 (was previously 30) down to 20-22. Manager has said he's looking at 5 or 6 new faces so that means out goings of 10-12 players to get to that stage. 

Edwards, Jones, and Hodson play every week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them stay. I take the point that they're easy to move on but they would still need to be replaced whereas Heaton, Kpekewa, and King wouldn't need to be as they've been no where near the team.

Is it possible that some players might be moved out on loan?

Hopefully Hammil and Ferdinand stay until the end of the season.

Brutal, brutal stuff from us. 
A very poor game that was always going to be decided by one goal, and the longer it went with us having possession and no end product, the more it looked like a single chance for Saints would punish us, and so it proved.
No-one but ourselves to blame as we have no direction and no fucking clue. 
Credit to St Mirren, defeat today could have left them marooned, but as it is, it's now game on in a four way relegation fight, only thing worrying me is whether our group of charlatans have the fight for it. 
Merry Christmas.!! 
I think your team have plenty of fight. Too much even as you seem to like contesting challenges more than trying to play football. Big surprise was St.Mirren stood up to it today. We have been too soft but in recent weeks we have shown a bit more steel. Here's hoping it continues and Oran can find a gem or 2 in January

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just under 900k

If McGinn moves on from Villa, and Hibs get a pay out, do we get anything from that?

Anyone know?

I can see a random £20m bid going in from someone like Cardiff in January.

Huge win for us yesterday.

After the Stubbs fiasco I thought we'd be doing well to be adrift by less than 10 points when the transfer window opened in January.

Worst that can be now is 3.

Amazingly there's still a chance we may survive this season.

2 hours ago, Silvio said:

If McGinn moves on from Villa, and Hibs get a pay out, do we get anything from that?

Anyone know?

I can see a random £20m bid going in from someone like Cardiff in January.

Not 100% sure but if so, it'd be 1/3rd of any percentage Hibs negotiated.

What's isn't up for debate though, is that because he was with us from the age of about 9 or 10, we'll receive 3.5% of all future transfer fees he's involved in for the rest of his career and Hibs will receive 1.5% (as they had him from the season of his 21st - 23rd birthdays) as solidarity contributions. So 3.5% of £20m would be another very healthy payday indeed.

This would make his next sale price very interesting to us. Villa fans on their forums are already convinced he's going to be a top 8 level player in the Premier League, at which point, you're talking stupid money.

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/04/what-is-solidarity-contribution-in-football/

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Not 100% sure but if so, it'd be 1/3rd of any percentage Hibs negotiated.

What's isn't up for debate though, is that because he was with us from the age of about 9 or 10, we'll receive 3.5% of all future transfer fees he's involved in for the rest of his career and Hibs will receive 1.5% (as they had him from the season of his 21st - 23rd birthdays) as solidarity contributions. So 3.5% of £20m would be another very healthy payday indeed.

This would make his next sale price very interesting to us. Villa fans on their forums are already convinced he's going to be a top 8 level player in the Premier League, at which point, you're talking stupid money.

http://blog.fieldoo.com/2014/04/what-is-solidarity-contribution-in-football/

Worth mentioning Andy Robertson cost Liverpool £10m I think, I doubt anyone would spend double that on McGinn, unless he begins to absolutely dominate every match. 

He's not got the "home grown" bonus which hikes up the price of English players.

Worth mentioning Andy Robertson cost Liverpool £10m I think, I doubt anyone would spend double that on McGinn, unless he begins to absolutely dominate every match. 
He's not got the "home grown" bonus which hikes up the price of English players.
Watched the Villa-Leeds game. He had a decent first half but faded rapid in the second half, expected a bit more from him if i'm being honest. Hutton is dug meat though.

Archived