Motherwell vs St Mirren 22/12/18

Quite keen to move away from last nights controversial defeat to Celtic and all the subsequent fall out from it. 

Big one this for both sides, win and we go 12 clear of St Mirren(and almost certainly Dundee) and give ourselves a fair bit of breathing space. Lose and it’s back down to 6 points and we’re right in amongst it. 

A repeat of St.Mirren’s last visit to Fir Park please.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately can only see one outcome in this game that being a win for Motherwell. In fact can't see us picking up any wins this year. Saints fans would normally be all over game threads they are not as they know we simply at this time not good enough for top flight football. Will January change that ? Time will tell. 

16 hours ago, Munoz said:

Can you still pay at the gate for away fans ? As usual no info about this on our official site. 

I’d imagine so, dunno whether you’ll be in the actual away end right enough or shunted into the corner of the Main Stand.

20 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

as they know we simply at this time not good enough for top flight football. 

After winning promotion so convincingly last year, why is this?

6 minutes ago, nsr said:

After winning promotion so convincingly last year, why is this?

We lost a few key players Morgan one of them. Jack Ross leaves Alan Stubbs comes in. Tells certain established players to find new clubs before a ball is kicked.  Tells the dressing room we were a one man team last year. Brings in loads of English players from none league professional football and reserve players with not one first team appearance from England's lower leagues. Buy a none league professional player for £75,000 ship him out on loan as he is not good enough. Mr Alan Stubbs. There is a big clear out in January with 4 to 5  players in most with experience we are told. January transfer window is our only hope. 

St. Mirren have taken 2 points away from home this season and 1 of them was away to Dundee.

On the other hand St. Mirren have been outscoring us recently (7 in 5 to our 3 in 5).

Will probably come down to whether Johnson has his shooting boots on. 

If we can create chances for Johnson we should win this but although our form has picked up a bit recently I think our actually performances since the Aberdeen game have been pretty poor, so although I thought we were comfortably better than St. Mirren last time out, it's difficult to predict anything when we are capable of going from Aberdeen levels of performance to Livingston levels of performance on a week to week basis.

The Livingston game was a shocker all round but it's hard to read too much into it. I was catching up on some old episodes of Sportscene last night and saw their 5-0 doing of Hearts and it's obvious (if it wasn't already) that they've got a style which they're very, very good at, particularly at home. We're not the first and won't be the last to be made to look really poor at Livingston.

In saying that, I agree - who knows what sort of performance we'll put in!

One other thing those Sportscene episodes showed is that Gillespie should be very wary of straying too far off his line.

4 hours ago, Casagolda said:

I’d imagine so, dunno whether you’ll be in the actual away end right enough or shunted into the corner of the Main Stand.

Been in there before- not the best.  

Would imagine we'll only be bringing about 500 through , given our form and Xmas.

Straight forward home win. We are shockingly bad and don’t offer much attacking threat, so expect us to compete for a bit, Motherwell to score and then we’ll collapse and lose 3-0. Christ I hope I’m wrong but the sooner we clear out the majority of this squad the better.

On 20/12/2018 at 13:45, Munoz said:

A difficult fixture,  but not impossible to get positive result. We're surely going to win an away game at some point. 

A repeat of this classic will do.

What a game that was.

I can remember the noise towards the end of the game in the East Stand was deafening

'Malpas get to .... Malpas Malpas'

17 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

What a game that was.

I can remember the noise towards the end of the game in the East Stand was deafening

'Malpas get to .... Malpas Malpas'

Great game but special mention to the Well fans for some high quality booing. As a life long fan of Saints I appreciate the art of a good boo and your boys were top quality, respect :P

Archived