East Fife v Forfar Athletic - Game of the Day

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One goal was always going to decide it, and thankfully Agnew produced one worthy of winning any game. After playing an hour with 10 men , we finally looked like a team, and it started to show. Message to DY, I am in your camp on the winning team psyche, but occasionally you have to bend the rules, hint hint.
Can't have our best player on the bench, and note, Pat has started last 2 games, what was the results?

Forfar will feel very hard done by.The better team for most of the game though helped by  poor team selection and tactics from Darren Young.Once East Fife went to 2 up at least we carried a threat.Forfar will play  a lot worse and win and East Fife will play a lot better and lose.Should add that he’s had a bit of criticism but Mark Docherty was one of our few good performers today.

Forfar will feel very hard done by.The better team for most of the game though helped by  poor team selection and tactics from Darren Young.Once East Fife went to 2 up at least we carried a threat.Forfar will play  a lot worse and win and East Fife will play a lot better and lose.Should add that he’s had a bit of criticism but Mark Docherty was one of our few good performers today.

Harsh!!!
Thought there was nothing between the sides today and when we stepped up to two up front (WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH) we looked the better side!!!
Forfar play fast and support each other and pass it around nicely but they had absolutely no end product, nearly every attempt they had was ballooned miles over or miles wide, I'm really struggling to think of anything that really had Brett working!!!
And with one front we weren't much better but when it went to two, we were direct, there was more outballs for Dowds to create and work on. The amount of aerial balls he won in the first half was tremendous, the fact that there was nobody up beside him to take advantage of them was embarrassing!!!
That was the best Forfar can play and they were very good, but we played an hour of that game with 10 men and only one up front and they still couldn't beat us. Yes they played very well in an entertaining game, which if it wasn't for the late goal would have been one of the best 0-0's I've ever seen, but we won because we were better over the piece!!!

Harsh!!!
Thought there was nothing between the sides today and when we stepped up to two up front (WHICH WE SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH) we looked the better side!!!
Forfar play fast and support each other and pass it around nicely but they had absolutely no end product, nearly every attempt they had was ballooned miles over or miles wide, I'm really struggling to think of anything that really had Brett working!!!
And with one front we weren't much better but when it went to two, we were direct, there was more outballs for Dowds to create and work on. The amount of aerial balls he won in the first half was tremendous, the fact that there was nobody up beside him to take advantage of them was embarrassing!!!
That was the best Forfar can play and they were very good, but we played an hour of that game with 10 men and only one up front and they still couldn't beat us. Yes they played very well in an entertaining game, which if it wasn't for the late goal would have been one of the best 0-0's I've ever seen, but we won because we were better over the piece!!!

Totally agree.

Whilst i don’t agree with 1 up front - that formation does require the midfield to support the front man! The gap between Dowds and the midfield was huge in the first half- needs midfield to be close so when the ball is won it can be laid off! Much better shape when Smith came on.

A great win though- need Meggatt back for next week.! Please.......

Agree if we set up with the same personal and shape as we started this game I would fear for next week. Thought Docherty looks far more assured at sweeper than he does at left back. A great 3 points and Agnew produced the only real piece of quality over the piece. Forfars Dylan Easton was unlucky to be in the losing team as he was a real threat every time he got on the ball. Mid term report card shows won 9 lost 7 and drew 2. Add in still competing in two cup competitions in the new year and the black and gold faithfull can be very happy with the first half of the season. Considering the start we made not winning a league game till our 5th attempt, to be sitting 3rd is a fantastic recovery. Not sure what the chances are of strengthening the squad in January are, but a player with a bit of quality that would improve the squad wouldn’t go amiss. A big big game next week let’s hope we get a top performance from the boys.

HT
East Fife 0-0 Forfar Athletic
It's actually been a no bad game, very even, Forfar have probably had the more attempts on goal but they've all been shite!!!
We need two up front it is so obvious it is painful, Bug Tonks is winning everything in the air but there is nobody beside him to take advantage of it!!!
And if anybody can tell me what McBride is actually doing could you please enlighten me!!!

Ive tried that for the last 2 weeks and got myself in bother with other contributors to this forum, just glad im not the only one that can see he contributes nothing to the team

Ive tried that for the last 2 weeks and got myself in bother with other contributors to this forum, just glad im not the only one that can see he contributes nothing to the team
The elephant in the room is McBride. Today he was his usual self telling people to pick people up when it was easier for him to do that, he bullied young Bell, he is lazy, has the wrong attitude.
What does DY see in him?

Brett has a wee change of mind mid celebration for some reason

Think he better give himself a good shake before Saturday in case he gets a flying chair bouncing of his napper. Will be a real confidence test for the lad.

12 hours ago, 7 Eleven said:

Interviewer: “Congratulations Darren for another win and another clean sheet, the sixth of the season, securing third place for the next couple of weeks at least. You contained Forfar’s fast play and midfield support and limited them to speculative shots off target, before changing your formation and making substitutions that help win the the match. Why do you do that?”

DY: “Err... next question please”

Interviewer: “East Fife have been third in the league for the last eleven weeks, won eight games in a row for the first time in god knows how long, beat Raith for the first time in 30 odd years, still in two national cup competitions and have beaten two full-time teams in the process. However, some fans are still not happy with you, why?”

DY: “Err...”

So come on, since when is winning football matches no longer good enough? 

Sums it up perfectly. I was one of the most vocal anti-Young fans last season, but he's got his own players in and is doing a grand job. People that see us sitting third in the league and complain are absolutely mental, if they can't enjoy it now then they'll never enjoy supporting East Fife.

Archived