East Fife v Forfar Athletic - Game of the Day

Can't believe this Thread hasn't been started yet for what could be arguably a more important tie than the one taking place at Gayfield on Saturday!!!
Win, lose or draw up there and nothing happens to the League standings, but a victory for Forfar here could see us lose our near perennial position of 3rd in the table and victory for us would mean the opening of the gap again, so surely that fact alone should make this an enjoyable encounter!!!
I would actually like to see us line up with the same mentality that we had in the last game against them, namely one we go in to a commanding lead, we continue to pressure the opposition in the 2nd half looking to increase it. I don't know what has happened to us recently but the half time leads that we have squandered recently (Airdrie, Stranraer) and the ones we've nearly squandered (Berwick, Stennie) have been mystifying, I'm sure DY isn't telling them in the dressing room to sit back and defend our lead but something obviously mentally is happening and teams are obviously realising that if they have a go at us, they have a chance!!!
I'm still not convinced that Saturday past has really changed that, because if we're honest, if Stennie were actually any good they could/would/should have won last week such was their superiority in the 2nd half, but hopefully getting through that with a win AND a clean sheet might give us a bit of a confidence boost!!!
Meggatt to return, Tonks to start, East a Fife to win!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18% Methadone

63% Forfar Athletic Football Club

100% Farfar, WIN

Last time I watch this dross waswhen  we last game won (martin) to avoid relegation Never been to the new Bayview never will, sorry .

How sad a club has become, cup winners to....has a club fallen so far/

Let the games begin!!! Merry Christmas 

18% Methadone
100% Farfar, WIN
Last time I watch this dross waswhen  we last game won (martin) to avoid relegation Never been to the new Bayview never will, sorry .

This is a prime example as to why you should never take drugs

2 distinct memories from the first league encounter at Station Park earlier this season:

1 How well the whole team ,especially Rory Currie, played in the 4 NIL victory and

2 . 1 of our well known lady fans bemoaning the fact that Anton du Beke never seems to get a decent partner on Strictly.

would opt in for the same team as last week- I would LOVE to see bridey to score espically against his former employees and having recieved all the critism last weekend to win over the supporters doubts but no doubt everyone will want to see a high scoring 5-4 game when it comes to Ef and forfar so i’d say 2-1 Ef!! We definetly need hold onto 3rd place going into the new year fixture....

#ComeOnEastFife

What starting 11 will Darren Young go with tomorrow ? Will he stick with the 4-1-4-1 from last week or will he be more adventurous and play 2 up front ?
Personally think big Anton deserves a start as he proved what a handful he can be, when he came on against Stenny last week. Also looks as though Darryl Meggatt will be available after his suspension.
Team I’d like to see
Long
Watson. Dunlop. Meggatt. Slattery

Davidson

Dunsmore. Bell. Agnew

Dowds. Smith

But I think it will more likely be

Long

Watson. Dunlop. Meggatt. Docherty
Davidson
Dunsmore. Bell. Agnew. McBride
Smith
Anyone know when Rory Curries loan spell finishes ? Can’t see Hearts being too keen to extend it when he is getting very limited game time. Think we could do with getting a couple out in January and a couple of players in to add a bit more quality. Fingers crossed 🤞

Surely the team should be picked on performance and ability.If you play well your in the team if not your out.What about the harmony within the team if players that are not performing are  in the team and other players sit out .

What starting 11 will Darren Young go with tomorrow ? Will he stick with the 4-1-4-1 from last week or will he be more adventurous and play 2 up front ?
Personally think big Anton deserves a start as he proved what a handful he can be, when he came on against Stenny last week. Also looks as though Darryl Meggatt will be available after his suspension.
Team I’d like to see
Long
Watson. Dunlop. Meggatt. Slattery

Davidson

Dunsmore. Bell. Agnew

Dowds. Smith

But I think it will more likely be

Long

Watson. Dunlop. Meggatt. Docherty
Davidson
Dunsmore. Bell. Agnew. McBride
Smith
Anyone know when Rory Curries loan spell finishes ? Can’t see Hearts being too keen to extend it when he is getting very limited game time. Think we could do with getting a couple out in January and a couple of players in to add a bit more quality. Fingers crossed 🤞

I agree with your preferred team but as you say Manager seems to favour 1 rather than 2 up front which feels strange when we had our 8 unbeaten run with 2 up front.Whatever format hope that Meggatt returns !

Docherty at CD again. That’s a big call.

Certainly is, arguably our Player of the Year having to sit on the bench to make a place for him!!!

HT
East Fife 0-0 Forfar Athletic
It's actually been a no bad game, very even, Forfar have probably had the more attempts on goal but they've all been shite!!!
We need two up front it is so obvious it is painful, Bug Tonks is winning everything in the air but there is nobody beside him to take advantage of it!!!
And if anybody can tell me what McBride is actually doing could you please enlighten me!!!

On 12/20/2018 at 13:29, SlipperyP said:

18% Methadone

100% Farfar, WIN

Hey!! East Fife have done HINGS, a bit loftier than winning the Forfarshire Cup

Archived