Hibs vs Livi

Good point away from home at one of the top sides in the league. 

Was slightly disappointed actually but only because we led and had that great chance with 5 to go. 

Hibs probably edged it but feel we done more than enough to deserve the draw. 

Been a pretty good December so far for us, 10 points from 6 games is a good return given the games we’ve had. 

For Hibs I thought Ambrose was the best player, surprised he never got man of the match, we didn’t know how to deal with him, whether to go tight or back off him. 

For us, 4 goals in 3 games now for Hardie, where would we have been if he was fit for the whole season ? 

Great to see Miller back too, feel when he’s up to speed him and Hardie are the first choice partnership. 

Wee mention to Cadden too, thought he came on in difficult circumstances and done a fine job defensively. 

Another point towards the ultimate goal, survival. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Lennon having a go at Kamberi and Maclaren and are playing for their futures.

Lewis Allan played alright today according to Lennon. 

Lewis Allan was pish. The boy will never be good enough. There’s a reason at 22 years old he’s hardly played any games for us. 

Lennon/Parker have gone a bit Mourinho with their slagging of Kamberi recently. Sure fire way to get the dressing room turned against them. 

1-1 is a great result at Easter Road given their home form of late. It's difficult for it to feel like a good result after leading the game but, to be fair, Hibs had more chances than we did in the second half and could have won the game.

Positives: whole team played well. Midfield worked their arses off, defence was calm and organised and Hardie continued to make a huge difference up front. Liam Kelly and Declan Gallagher were both excellent individually. I'd give motm to either with Kelly just edging it.

Things to work on: we definitely miss Lamie on the left as that's where most of Hibs' attacks came from. I thought Cadden put in a good shift but he's more of a winger than a wing back. For me, Miller came on far too soon. He was off the pace. Clearly not 100% yet. Steve Lawson's miss was a shocker. Wish we had put Sibbald on instead. He is a better player.

56 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

1-1 is a great result at Easter Road given their home form of late. It's difficult for it to feel like a good result after leading the game but, to be fair, Hibs had more chances than we did in the second half and could have won the game.

Positives: whole team played well. Midfield worked their arses off, defence was calm and organised and Hardie continued to make a huge difference up front. Liam Kelly and Declan Gallagher were both excellent individually. I'd give motm to either with Kelly just edging it.

Things to work on: we definitely miss Lamie on the left as that's where most of Hibs' attacks came from. I thought Cadden put in a good shift but he's more of a winger than a wing back. For me, Miller came on far too soon. He was off the pace. Clearly not 100% yet. Steve Lawson's miss was a shocker. Wish we had put Sibbald on instead. He is a better player.

He's perhaps not 100% fit but he looks to have been going very hard in the gym in the time he's been out. Robocop comparisons even more valid now.

To come back from torn knee ligaments in four months would be a cracking turnaround for a 20 year-old, never mind a 35 year-old. Miller can play a massive part in the second half of the season but we missed the energy of Menga alongside Hardie when he went off.

Thought a point was a decent enough result for us given the pressure Hibs put on in the second half. Still had a great chance to win it though, it wasn’t as easy as some are making out but was as clear cut as any chance from either side all game.

A bit of a missed opportunity in some regards given Hibs’ starting line-up; Lewis Allan still looks miles away from being a League 1 player let alone a Premiership player on that evidence. Speaks volumes that Hibs could afford to bring on Kamberi and MacLaren, and we had, erm, Nicky Cadden and the aforementioned Roboshegz.

Surpassed the tally of last season’s bottom club before Christmas, which must have been a target before a ball was kicked, so there’s some celebration due for that feat. Looking forward to the return game at the Spaghettihad.

Alot of credit yesterday has to go to Shagger Holt and Shagger Martindale. 

Our away form has been relatively poor and I felt it was down to our clichéd negative tactics of 'getting rid' at every opportunity. The Kilmarnock and Aberdeen games really highlighted how we needed to be more positive on the ball. When its apparent that our players only thought is to clear it, the opposition can get really comfortable and press higher up against us. This just leads to us defending for 90 minutes. 

We've shown at home that we are good enough to play the ball out of trouble. We need to do this more frequently (mix it up) to keep the opposition honest and stop them consistently pressuring us.

Yesterday the management accepted this tactic wasn't working, which  saw us playing more like our 'home style' with us playing the ball out more and critically; taking more risks. It meant Hibs struggled to create too many chances as they didn't have the territory that Aberdeen/Kilmarnock had against us. 

Attack to Defend more away from home and we'll see results get even better.

Archived