Hibs vs Livi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs coming off two really good results against both of the ugly sisters so I reckon we'll have a tough time of it even though we dispatched the other Edinburgh side with ease recently. The fact we will have had the full week to recover might give us an edge.

Hibs looked knackered against Sevco last night but we were the same against Aberdeen last week and still managed to recover and gub Hearts on Fri.

Our away form hasn't been great either but having Hardie back  will make a huge difference, i'm quite optimistic of us getting something here.

Similar to the above, we haven't hit the same heights when playing away from the Spaghettihad however Hibs haven't been that solid up until the last couple of games. Hibs have had two great results in the past week but we've also got our main goalscorer back.

So, like most of the games in the SPL. I think it's probably the toss of a coin as to which way this goes! 

As an aside, a non-Scot, who has been living in Edinburgh for 5 years, said he hadn't paid 'any' attention to Scottish football until this year but is now actively looking up the fixtures. Not the first person I've been speaking to who has taken an interest based on the competition this season.

Guest Moomintroll
Similar to the above, we haven't hit the same heights when playing away from the Spaghettihad however Hibs haven't been that solid up until the last couple of games. Hibs have had two great results in the past week but we've also got our main goalscorer back.
So, like most of the games in the SPL. I think it's probably the toss of a coin as to which way this goes! 
As an aside, a non-Scot, who has been living in Edinburgh for 5 years, said he hadn't paid 'any' attention to Scottish football until this year but is now actively looking up the fixtures. Not the first person I've been speaking to who has taken an interest based on the competition this season.
Have a Charles for Spaghettihad.

I've just seen the BBC highlights of that Porteous challenge from last night; I was expecting worse. I'm surprised there wasn't more uproar about the theatrics of Goldson (?) who went down after having his face tickled. I thought Hibs were through on goal then.

Based on what I saw of the game last night and in the past it looks like Hibs have some flighty forward players. We've been caught on the break a couple of times this season (Celtic/Hamilton/Killie) so really hoping we are mindful of this and not undone with a ball over the top. However, I think our best shout might Hardie to score from such a scenario.

All joking aside every time I’ve seen Livi this season they’ve been absolutely brilliant. They had this reputation of being some kind of hammer throwers who just get stuck in and play shite football for while. That’s not the case at all, some of the football and goals against Hearts were class. 

We’ll need to improve the performance we had against The **** to get the win.

I watched the Hibs Rangers game last night and I wasn’t instantly struck with fear tbh. 

Hibs are a good side and have some good players that can cause problems but my instant reaction to the game was, I hope they play as high a line against us, Hardie will have a field day. 

I also thought they looked a bit tired last night but as has been said we looked shattered last Tuesday against Aberdeen then put 5 past Hearts on the Friday and looked like we could run for days. 

I cant see us changing from the line up that was so good against Hearts so :- Kelly, Cadden, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Lawless, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Menga, Hardie. 

Looking forward to see us test ourselves at Easter Road.

Hoping the Hibs players aren’t too shagged after the exertions of playing both Arsecheeks in 4 days......the Livi boys have had a nice rest after pumping the Gorgie Galacticos and this will be a tough game. Would like to see Sean Mackie get a bit of playing time, he was excellent when he came on against Celtic and he has a physicality that we need in midfield. Whittaker and Milligan might be feeling it a bit and doubt both of them will last 90 mins.
A nervy, anxious 2 - 1 victory for” that particular club”........[emoji15]

Archived