Aberdeen v Hearts

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really has been a remarkable swing of fortunes for both clubs from when we played each other earlier in the season.

Remember the doom merchants saying that if we lost a Tynecastle, then even that early in the season we had no chance of catching Hearts over the course of the remaining games.

Doubt many would have forecast that an Aberdeen victory pre Xmas would see us six points ahead of them.

Anyway, expect a typical stuffy Levein team type of performance and think we' need to play to our strenghts and forget about trying to nullify them. Therefore regardless of GMS being fit for selection or not, then same starting eleven again please Derek. If all goes according to plan, then GMS can get a cameo role off the bench late on.

Ooft, lots of confidence for this, based purely on both teams last game?

I expect maroon Santa hats in the away end, and 1 goal either way.

Not particularly confident, just day 1 of holidays and it’s now looking a big game for us.

Buzzing.

2 hours ago, 2pac said:

Big levein to play for a 0-0

Even he's not mental enough to try that with our current squad, we are leaking goals for fun.

Really hoping for a reaction after last Friday and we should have Naismith back which will be a welcome boost but i can't see us getting anything from this.  Don't think it'll be a drubbing either, but I think it'llbe a narrow Aberdeen win

Quite happy we're shite again so we can enjoy a day out with the result being a minor inconvenience to the day.

Doubt we'll take a big support for this but hopefully it's a good atmosphere in the stadium with Aberdeen doing well at the moment.

4 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Hearts to score...? :o

That was my first thought too. You would get decent odds on that.

I was going to say that at least we've got a good chance of a 0-0 with Cosgrove playing up front for Aberdeen. But F me, has he not gone and turned into Harry Kane

5 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Really has been a remarkable swing of fortunes for both clubs from when we played each other earlier in the season.

Remember the doom merchants saying that if we lost a Tynecastle, then even that early in the season we had no chance of catching Hearts over the course of the remaining games.

Doubt many would have forecast that an Aberdeen victory pre Xmas would see us six points ahead of them.

Anyway, expect a typical stuffy Levein team type of performance and think we' need to play to our strenghts and forget about trying to nullify them. Therefore regardless of GMS being fit for selection or not, then same starting eleven again please Derek. If all goes according to plan, then GMS can get a cameo role off the bench late on.

It have been a remarkable swing of fortunes as Hearts was 13 points ahead of us just near November but we had our injuries at the start of the season and they had after their wonderful start. 

I couldn't believe how poor Hearts was against Livingston, thought they might struggle but at 1-0 to down tools was never what I would expect from a Levein team. I expect a reaction to that dreadful performance on Friday night while I do worry that the 9 games we are playing in December is going to catch up with us going with the amount of injuries we have at the moment. 

I'll be feeling like shite. Works day out on Friday so I'll be hungover to f**k before I even make the pre-match pub.

Reckon it'll be a tight match. Hearts have been shocking since they beat us well at Tynecastle but they'll raise their game for Saturday.

Hopefully we can squeak it by the odd goal.

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I'll be feeling like shite. Works day out on Friday so I'll be hungover to f**k before I even make the pre-match pub.

Reckon it'll be a tight match. Hearts have been shocking since they beat us well at Tynecastle but they'll raise their game for Saturday.

Hopefully we can squeak it by the odd goal.

I second every word of this!

Selection issues all over the shop for us.

Doyle could finally play a game ahead of Zlamal - if he's no good, we end up alternating between two shaky 'keepers in the same way that we've been alternating between two left-backs - Mitchell has the edge, but not by a great deal, and we can't play a back three as we don't have enough centre-backs. 

Hughes is too far off the pace to partner Berra, and Haring is needed in midfield, so Mikey Smith has to play centre-half, which pretty much means Godinho at RB.

Lee is slightly better than Bozanic, but are any of them currently better than Cochrane? Not really, imo.

Djoum will be suspended, and it's a toss up between Morrison and Clare at the moment.

Be great to have Naismith back on the pitch, if only to moan like f**k at c***s -  we can't expect too much from him in his first game back, but he has to start - whether that's instead of MacLean or alongside him is another question.

Doyle

Godinho - Smith - Berra - Mitchell

Haring

Clare - Cochrane - Morrison

Naismith

Maclean

Subs from: Zlamal, Garuccio, Hughes, Bozanic, Lee, Wighton, Mulraney, McDonald?

Archived