Albion Rovers vs Clyde

52 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Great wee day out. Winning 3 nil at any venue much welcomed and Rovers are indeed struggling but free hot drink voucher when paying in really nice touch,Had a chat with few of their staff aswell who were very welcoming and credit to their club. Hope you manage to stay up via play offs

Agree wholeheartedly. I was quite late arriving (missed the first two goals!!) due to a traffic accident. Guy on the gate was very welcoming despite having to update me on the score. Stadium is a dump but I quite like it all the same. More interesting than the pop up concrete/plastic efforts scattered around the country - Broadwood included! That said, it may well be the worst pitch I've ever seen. Reminiscent of the battleground at Stirling Bridge in Braveheart. Funnily enough, the game itself was as one sided as that battle.

Good luck to Albion. Hope you guys start picking up points - particularly against Edinburgh and Peterhead! 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was quite impressed with Clyde both Goodwillie and Rankin head and shoulders above every player on the park including their own team mates, could have been 4-0 at half time easily. Clyde probably did take their foot off the gas after half time- to be honest it's been a common trait this season. Teams sus out how shite we are the natural reaction is to ease off.

From some of the comments there are some that are sympathetic. To be fair we deserve zero sympathy as our problems ( like any other football club who finds itself in trouble) are totally self inflicted.

Highlight yesterday was the Clyde Santas - well done guys, good job Rovers were in the seasonal spirit.

32 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Was quite impressed with Clyde both Goodwillie and Rankin head and shoulders above every player on the park including their own team mates, could have been 4-0 at half time easily. Clyde probably did take their foot off the gas after half time- to be honest it's been a common trait this season. Teams sus out how shite we are the natural reaction is to ease off.

From some of the comments there are some that are sympathetic. To be fair we deserve zero sympathy as our problems ( like any other football club who finds itself in trouble) are totally self inflicted.

Highlight yesterday was the Clyde Santas - well done guys, good job Rovers were in the seasonal spirit.

I'm afraid the stench of impending doom is unmissable for any and all visitors, Vic. Whatever the reasons for your predicament (we ourselves are still in far too much of an extremely shatter-prone glasshouse to comment TOO negatively) it appears there's little or no escape for Rovers. Any questioning of "the Rangers/Celtic Cup money" would be irrelevant now. Having no obvious bogeyman, crashing it into the ground like a fucking dart, probably makes getting out of the shit next to impossible. Best of luck, you're really decent people. 

Certainly won't patronize Albion rovers with the hope you survive stuff as you say it's self inflicted (as we had a couple of seasons back when we finished rock bottom) I like visiting cliftonhill old fashion ground takes me back to the days of going to football with my old man The officials and staff at the ground are top notch was certainly made to feel very welcome On to the game wasn't really anyone who didn't perform we might now be seeing the John Rankin we thought we had signed outstanding Goody is simply just a very good footballer with a fantastic attitude
Mcstay was as cool as a cucumber and hardly wasted a pass Lamont was terrific
Boyle showed flashes of what he produced last season and cuddhy was again superb
Great to see Stewart back in the team
Ally love great header from a terrific cross from Lamont
As whole team performed yesterday

Archived