West Region / Clydebank (hypothetical)

glensmad

Hypothetically or not, whatever the eventual restructure brings with teams bailing out, I would just like to say that this current season has been a breath of fresh air with the prospect of a 30 game league campaign, visiting new places and a full fixture list to top it off.[emoji6]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tombo said:

Hypothetically or not, whatever the eventual restructure brings with teams bailing out, I would just like to say that this current season has been a breath of fresh air with the prospect of a 30 game league campaign, visiting new places and a full fixture list to top it off.emoji6.png

One season wonder as it will need to be scrapped next year

Pyramid requires that Premier League must be completed by middle of April for play-off purposes.

Unless it is one team that is automatically promoted from West Region to lowland leagues then play off not required. There should be two or even three teams relegated from Lowland League automatically and one team each from West Region & East Region / East of Scotland in my opinion would be sensible? Also South of Scotland League to consider too so why play off may be required... 

I asked this question BEFORE the current season started so teams would know what to expect

in all likely scenarios.  ie clydebank leave ( how many teams to be relegated ? promoted ? )

what if the bankies were in a relegation position ?

but johnstone as usual buried his head in the sand .  yes he is in charge of the sjfa not the west region but he is in overall charge

instead clubs are arguing the toss halfway through the season

reminds me of the current brexit problems( nobody had a plan A or B)

1 hour ago, Chis said:

Pyramid requires that Premier League must be completed by middle of April for play-off purposes.

This season's LL play-off is 11th/18th May, last season it was 5th/12th May so as long as things are completed by the weekend before (and depending on who has a licence then it might not even be required).

I asked this question BEFORE the current season started so teams would know what to expect

in all likely scenarios.  ie clydebank leave ( how many teams to be relegated ? promoted ? )

what if the bankies were in a relegation position ?

but johnstone as usual buried his head in the sand .  yes he is in charge of the sjfa not the west region but he is in overall charge

instead clubs are arguing the toss halfway through the season

reminds me of the current brexit problems( nobody had a plan A or B)

Where did you ask it, at an official meeting or on here ? To be fair to Tom Johnstone, it isn't really his issue, it is a West Region issue. And therein lies another conundrum - the president of the West Region is Matt Bamford of Clydebank. So the man who should really be leading the way in sorting this potential issue is involved with the club who are the reason for the potential issue. So how can he have any involvement in what the clubs should be doing if his club are not planning to be involved in it ?

for instance lets say the  west don't join the pyramid but clydebank leave

would hate for a club to be told u will be relegated who were not in a relegated position or

a club told sorry no promotion for u even though u were in a promotion spot

should have been decided before a ball was kicked this season

for instance lets say the  west don't join the pyramid but clydebank leave
would hate for a club to be told u will be relegated who were not in a relegated position or
a club told sorry no promotion for u even though u were in a promotion spot
should have been decided before a ball was kicked this season
That's an unlikely scenario though. It's more likely that a team would be spared from relegation or an extra team promoted.

Im quite hopeful of a LL2 or WoSL starting anyway so think its highly likely there will be 4 possibly 12 teams leaving the west this year as it seems the junior integration has stalled at PWG stage. Regardless Clydebank haven’t had a vote of their members to reverse their decision to leave last year so its still likely. Still holding on to the dream of clexit.

6 hours ago, glensmad said:

Where did you ask it, at an official meeting or on here ? To be fair to Tom Johnstone, it isn't really his issue, it is a West Region issue. And therein lies another conundrum - the president of the West Region is Matt Bamford of Clydebank. So the man who should really be leading the way in sorting this potential issue is involved with the club who are the reason for the potential issue. So how can he have any involvement in what the clubs should be doing if his club are not planning to be involved in it ?

“the president of the West Region is Matt Bamford of Clydebank” is this the same BamPOT that started all the trouble at the end of the Cambuslang game?

14 hours ago, Shannon said:

Unless it is one team that is automatically promoted from West Region to lowland leagues then play off not required. There should be two or even three teams relegated from Lowland League automatically and one team each from West Region & East Region / East of Scotland in my opinion would be sensible? Also South of Scotland League to consider too so why play off may be required... 

Because at the moment there's one relegation spot in the Lowland League, and East/South/West would have to play off for this. Might not be an issue next season if there's no licenced winner - but it will be in the future. I'm sure there'll be more promotion and relegation from the Lowland League in the future, but not until there's more licenced teams to allow it. A 30 game season should be able to finish in time: the Highland and Lowland Leagues also have to finish by the end of April to allow for the League 2 playoffs. All the Highland and most of the Lowland have lights though.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:48, glensmad said:
On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:39, Chis said:

The fixtures issued by Kennie to the end of the season take us to mid April, so where's the difference ?

At mid April, Auchinleck have another 6 fixtures still to play. And given previous seasons, they are likely to be involved.

Archived