Dumbarton -vs- Stranraer

9 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

I may be gnawing at the turkey bones but here's a bit of festive cheer:

Jim said : "The only change to the squad tomorrow from last week will be that we have Chris Smith back on loan." (DFC OW)

Ffs that's my Xmas ruined. He's about 6ft 5, 25 stone and loves fecking up 6yd boxes. :bairn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, microdave said:
22 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:
Ffs that's my Xmas ruined. He's about 6ft 5, 25 stone and loves fecking up 6yd boxes. :bairn

How is the pitch?

Was still ok yesterday bit soft in the usual places. Nightshift last night so just heading down shortly. Done most of our work on Wednesday just need a wee dry window to line it. Probably get ripped to shreds tomorrow which is a pain as I'm getting it vertidrained on Sunday. Could have done with the game being off but I think I'd get lynched( no pun intended Stephen;)) if I didn't get it on lol. 

48 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The words "Grant Adam has made some progress" fills me with dread. That might mean we'll be going into 2019 with a choice of Adam or McGowan.

Adam looking like an outfield player in goals and kicking every ball into the dugout, or McGowan not saving very much. Tricky one.

43 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

:lol: Industrial strength grass needed for The Monument's return.

1 minute ago, Ross Forbes said:

Adam looking like an outfield player in goals and kicking every ball into the dugout, or McGowan not saving very much. Tricky one.

McGowan's a weird one. He made a couple of really good saves last weekend but was very questionable for 3 of the Raith goals. I'm not surprised Duffy has turned to Smith again tbh, McGowan was also very suspect for the Airdrie goal a couple of weeks back. It's quite clear he'a nowhere near good enough for this level and I think I'd probably be going with Adam over him should it come down to it. I'd rather neither tbh.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

McGowan's a weird one. He made a couple of really good saves last weekend but was very questionable for 3 of the Raith goals. I'm not surprised Duffy has turned to Smith again tbh, McGowan was also very suspect for the Airdrie goal a couple of weeks back. It's quite clear he'a nowhere near good enough for this level and I think I'd probably be going with Adam over him should it come down to it. I'd rather neither tbh.

I think McGowan has the basics, but just looks like a guy who hasn't played a lot of first team football. A season or two as #1 at the lower end of League Two/upper Lowland League would do him the world of good. It's things like the winner last week, where he wasn't sure whether to come or go, and the same against Airdrie. You can only really learn that by playing - and that's something he hasn't done a lot of.

Adam is maybe slightly better, but his habit of losing his head and incredible ability to locate the dugouts with every single kick means I'd probably be edging towards McGowan. I'd have Smith over both every day of the week at the moment though. Pleased he's back.

A case of the DTs?
What was said at the board meeting prior to the Airdrie game was that Stevie Clarke "hadn't made his mind up yet" on Thomas. But that was then.
Would you accept a couple of bad performances from him in the next two matches if it meant Clarke decided to let him stay?
I would think Thomas, as much as he is a talent, would struggle to get into the killie team at present as they are flying. Surely leaving him on loan at us would be beneficial to all then killie have him back for pre season next year.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The words "Grant Adam has made some progress" fills me with dread. That might mean we'll be going into 2019 with a choice of Adam or McGowan.

Inaction-Man and his rusty side(ways) kick(er)?

I am confident that Stevie Clarke will have told JD of his intention regarding Thomas. He knows there is a rebuilding job to do at the Rock and is unlikely to leave his  decision until the last minute. Managers Old Boy Club, and all that.

Kris Boyd might also fancy starting some games on the pitch.

Archived