Dumbarton -vs- Stranraer

To be honey thought Stranraer were awful and they won with their only shirts goal . That speaks volumes about us. 
Sicknof hesring people make reference to blaming Aitken for today’s performance 
we are clearly ina losing mentality. 
if Thomas doesn’t play as was part evident today then we are no threat.
i don’t usually pick on individuals but again sick of hearing about cgal being our attacking option. He was absolute pants today
useful initiative to get increase in numbers but not sure anyone will have been tempted back on that showing 

Well Aitken signed the squad that we have today, a squad which isn’t good enough and as I said lacks desire, that isn’t something you can coach into someone, you either have it or you don’t. Duffy can’t exactly go out and play for them, he can only do the best he can with the ( not very good ) group of players he has got. January is going to be massive for us.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

To be honey thought Stranraer were awful and they won with their only shirts goal . That speaks volumes about us. 

Sicknof hesring people make reference to blaming Aitken for today’s performance 

we are clearly ina losing mentality. 

if Thomas doesn’t play as was part evident today then we are no threat.

i don’t usually pick on individuals but again sick of hearing about cgal being our attacking option. He was absolute pants today

useful initiative to get increase in numbers but not sure anyone will have been tempted back on that showing 

Absolute word salad

This is Aitken's team

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Absolute word salad

This is Aitken's team

Well, he's gone now.

For reasons of location, I obviously wasn't there today. 

I would say though, that from the highlights of last time the two sides met,  seemed to me

that, individually, you were technically better than us. 

When this squad was assembled we all thought it looked good. When we beat E Fife Brechin it was all about how we could turn it round.rubbish

our approach to the second ball today was absolute crap. 

I worryabout what’s in the kitty fir January

11 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Well, he's gone now.

For reasons of location, I obviously wasn't there today. 

I would say though, that from the highlights of last time the two sides met,  seemed to me

that, individually, you were technically better than us. 

He signed guys who are unfit & uninterested.

His legacy lives on for now.

:(

When this squad was assembled we all thought it looked good. When we beat E Fife Brechin it was all about how we could turn it round.rubbish
our approach to the second ball today was absolute crap. 
I worryabout what’s in the kitty fir January
Not all of us thought he assembled a good squad. I always had my reservations about his approach of signing 3 or 4 good players and complimenting them with absolute shite. I thought Loy, Forbes, Barr (Craig) and Ballantyne were all good signings. I will concede that I also thought Paton was a decent signing, but he came a bit later. I always had question marks over Barr (Bobby), Perry, Dyer, Adam and Hutton and Carswell (should have been one or the other IMO).

Duffy's impact thus far has been questionable but to suggest Aitken is blameless is nonsense I'm afraid. He assembled a squad of average players and crocks and Duffy is left trying to pick up the pieces. There is a shit load of work to be done in January to avoid 2nd bottom nevermind make the playoffs. A gap is starting to form now and we should 100% be concerned, as should Jim Duffy. I'm absolutely not calling for Duffy's head in the slightest but I expect more from him in terms of tactics, substitutions and rallying the players. If he has made it clear he's binning half of them in January then that's poor man management from him. The fact he's stuck with absolute shite like Bobby Barr is also his problem and should be adressed pronto - despite the injuries he has options there.

Realisticly we need about 4 or 5 new players in January and need to bin Dowie, Barr, Dyer, Paton and one of the goalkeepers. It's easier said than done, but if that doesn't happen then we should be giving our left bollocks for 8th right now.

Had to check what I said .

im not saying Aitken blameless  as he assembles squad but some of our lot completely hold him responsible.

also in most games I’ve seen we’ve been as good as the other team but have no winning attitude to fight and see game out. 

I accept January will be interesting 

ONLY ONE KYLE TURNER.
KEEP THE FAITH
CMON THE BLUES!!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FELLOW BLUES.
I'll tell you what, in amongst the mediocrity of today's affair, it was fitting that your lad Turner scored the winning goal as his display was everything you want from a midfielder. For a slight kid he looks to have a big heart and a great engine and he must have covered every blade of grass this afternoon.

I'll tell you what, in amongst the mediocrity of today's affair, it was fitting that your lad Turner scored the winning goal as his display was everything you want from a midfielder. For a slight kid he looks to have a big heart and a great engine and he must have covered every blade of grass this afternoon.
Best player on the park by a mile.

Totally agree. He was the stand out performer. I actually looked him up online (before he scored) because I assumed he was a loan player from a Premier club. Was pleasantly surprised to see he is a 20 year old who seems to have come through the ranks at Stranraer.[emoji106]

2 poor teams. 1 very good goal. 3 points to the visitors.

Aitken assembled a squad that looked decent enough on paper. In reality there are guys in that team who either are no longer capable of delivering, are plagued by injury problems or are simply not interested in playing. Duffy was never going to wave a magic wand. He can't take a couple of years off Dowie, lay healing hands on Mango or convince Barr and Paton that they can beat defenders and cross into the box. He's not going to make Dyer anything other than dire.

The slight improvement (our previous home games under Duffy) was a welcome boost but there are guys in that dressing room who are stealing a wage from the club. They're not showing any desire or professional pride.

I agree we need a clear out in January and would happily deliver some of our underperforming jobbers to whatever club wants them (Airdrie/Clyde I'm looking at you)
Unfortunately these guys are shite or at least having a shite season. Who in their right minds wants them? And what player is realistically going to just tell us: "Ok, you gave me a contract for £x a week, I'll just patch that so you can pay someone else" it could be a depressing January if big jim can't work miracles.

Atrocious game of football that. Got exactly what we deserved. Boy Turner for Stranraer was by far the best player on the park and deserved his goal. Any chance we can get someone in january with the same desire? Actually fear for next week if we turn in a similar display.

3 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I agree we need a clear out in January and would happily deliver some of our underperforming jobbers to whatever club wants them (Airdrie/Clyde I'm looking at you)
Unfortunately these guys are shite or at least having a shite season. Who in their right minds wants them? And what player is realistically going to just tell us: "Ok, you gave me a contract for £x a week, I'll just patch that so you can pay someone else" it could be a depressing January if big jim can't work miracles.

I'm hopeful that Barry Ferguson being back in management will mean that we should be able to dispose of some of our ex-Rangers jobbers*. Especially with Kelty being well financed.

Spoiler

*Grant Adam tbh

I'm hopeful that Barry Ferguson being back in management will mean that we should be able to dispose of some of our ex-Rangers jobbers*. Especially with Kelty being well financed.
Spoiler *Grant Adam tbh

Add Kyle Hutton to that

Archived