Getting Forwarded to Spam Sites

NorthernLights

Question

I've been having this issue on Android on WiFi though not so far on mobile data. Tried the usual deleting cookies and browser history, tried force stopping the internet app but didn't work. Used the Premium trial of Malwarebytes but it didn't pick up anything on the device. Did have the Peel smart remote app installed which is apparently known for causing pop up ads and lock screens though not the particular redirect I and looks like others have been seeing. Deleted it anyway and was fine for an hour on WiFi after that, suspect will see the same isue later.

Issue has been fixed, prior to me logging a support call. Best advice is to clear temporary internet files if you are still experiencing problems.

Sorry troops! Lot of bad ads out there!

1 hour ago, Spring Onion said:

I'm getting trip advisor pop up, hard to close without being redirected to trip advisor webpage. 

I've had this for days too. Only happens first time I come on the site that day though. 

7 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

I'm getting trip advisor pop up, hard to close without being redirected to trip advisor webpage. 

Will report to the ad lads.

6 hours ago, Adam101 said:

It's back again, do the ad companies let anyone hand them money?

Chrome on OnePlus

Screenshot_20190811-090808.jpg

Same ad on iPhone 7 Plus. It’s happening when I first load the site, I have to then re-load the page and it’s okay from there.

Thanks for this, I have reported to the Ad Ops team.

The Ad network involves ads coming from multiple different pools, and sometimes spammy ads find a way of getting into those pools.

There is a barrier in place to try and identify and weed those out but there are occasions when they fail.

The boys will sort. If it's affected us it will have affected many other sites.

Apologies for the disruption!