Floodlit Match 28th December

AWRFC

playing football under devils lanterns........ it will never catch on in junior football...... did see the winton switched on their satanic electrical devices for the 2nd half v royal albert instead of having the game abandoned due to bad light.... next thing they will be playing heavy metal on the pa system

only taking the piss, great to see and something that should be encouraged as night games still have that special atmosphere

1 hour ago, Taxman said:

Good piece of initiative from both clubs, they can now expect a severe reprimand from the Blazers lol

I think you'll find that the 'Blazers' actually sanctioned it and are happy that it's happening, not only with this game, but also Renfrew v Cumnock.

I think you'll find that the 'Blazers' actually sanctioned it and are happy that it's happening, not only with this game, but also Renfrew v Cumnock.
I think the lol at the end is an indication that the second part of the post was in humour[emoji6] but you still get a [emoji106] from me Kennie for your efforts this season.
A "Blazer" who is proactive in their designated role. All the best!
T

Much roughly to have a flood light match??

Over in the EOS forum it was estimated somewhere between £12-£15 for the leckie bill over a two hour period. So 2 full price punters + a concession would cover the cost.

Took in the floodlit match and it was worth the gate money alone for the wonder goal of the year.   (40 yds)

Harpo, minus the curls, took a free kick from a long way out, halfway from the corner of the box to the halfway line and arc'd an unstoppable shot which dipped just under the bar in the top corner.  I don't know if the goalkeeper lost the flight of it in the glare of the lights but he would have to have made the save of the year to prevent the goal anyway.

Can't believe the soft penalty the ref gave Winton because both players were struggling to follow the ball into the penalty box and went down in a tangle of legs and arms.  Nobody around the area we were standing, just next to the action, agreed it was a penalty, especially the vocal Maryhill fans stood in the Naughty Shed high above the corner flag.   Still, early enough for Maryhill to recover and they seemed to be excellent going forward until they got close to the Winton goal area and then it fizzled out.

Harpo managed to only get one Yellow card so he must have turned over a new leaf, certainly lost none of his enthusiasm with a couple of brilliant mazy runs into the box.

Great competetive match and hope Winton can find some Grants money to raise the height of the lights and get rid of the ones affixed to the main stand.  Towards the end of the game I stood behind the goals at the Primary School end and when the ball was launched from in front of the stand the goalkeeper could not see the complete flight of the ball.   Still, same conditions for both teams.  

(yer pies are mince, by the way)

can appreciate your point about the stand lights, mounted under the eaves there is no upwards spread of light, options are either to fabricate a pylon onto the stand roof or to fit more lights onto the corner pylons, the issue is cost, a quick google finds these fittings 

https://www.right-light.co.uk/1000-watt-upgraded-metal-halide-floodlight-1kw-ip65-branded-gear-lamp.html 

the present corner lights are all 1000 watt, there is a 2000 watt fitting at £530, ideally winton park could use a couple of extra fittings on each pylon... anyone got a spare 10 grand and a sparky with a cherry picker

Archived